CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

kms efi

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kms efi

I have 2 !! that's 2 !! Kms EFI Turbo systems in a box in my garage!! We're Going with Gsxr 1000 conversions!!!

ANY TAKERS ON THE EFIs or TURBO SYSTEMS ??????? Watch how many people want these systems. That should Answer your Questions??>

WELLL ANNNNYYYY TAKKKERSS????????????????

LOL

Old 11-09-2006, 09:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default kms efi

There you go bombrider04 if you want to join the nightmare that is kms jump right in im sure bud will make you a deal.Im not so mad as to get rid of my system.but there are some for sale out there.And i have found someone who is very familar with the system and can assit with problems.

Old 11-09-2006, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Default kms efi

I might be interested. What year are they and are they in good condition? and what would it take to get one in my garage.

Old 11-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default kms efi

As for the original question. . . Go with the Dual FCR 39's. . . they are an awesome carb set-up.

I run the stock thumb throttle and love the carbs.

I do NOT recommend the TM45. . . had it before and the FCR's are just a ton better IMO.

As for KMS. . . I've got very limited experience. A few years ago I bought one of Richard's (AZSand) bikes (Pami 760). He had it set-up for drag. I ended up deciding I wanted a dune (all be it FAST Dune) Bike. Proceeded to tear this that and the other thing off and add a bunch of stuff back on! Kelly was great supporting the EFI but, it didn't take me but, a weekend to decide it was more than I thought I wanted to deal with in the long run. I never gave it an HONEST chance. I ended up selling the EFI to Crackerjack who bought a Turbo from KMS and the next DS Day's they installed it one night right at Sand Mt. . . . again, very cool of Kelly to do that (keep in mind, his whole family was there!) I think Crackerjacks turbo is now one of the one sitting in Buds Garage. . . Oh, Crackerjack had someone build him a DS with a streetbike conversion.

I've seen first hand some AWESOME KMS Customer Support. BUT, I think if you decide to go with an EFI System you should decide that you need to become the expert on the system and be able to work-on / fix it yourself. This may be above the level of many on here - it definitely is above MY level!

If you are wanting the EFI because you think it is easier. . . think again. I just don't believe it. AND I don't think I've ever heard Kelly push it as such.

I've seen a few riding friends re-map their new Raptor 700's and LT-450R's and it isn't much different than changing jets. . . instead of getting a little gas on you, you have to hook up a laptop and try to see the screen out in the bright sun (that sheet he's wearing isn't because he is from the deep south [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] - buddy had to get under a sheet to see the screen last weekend.)

The EFI Kelly offers is smarter than the FACTORY EFI systems in that KMS has an O2 Sensor. . . (If you don't know what that is. . . buy a carb!) The + of an O2 sensor is Kelly can run a dry shot of Nitrous and the FI adjusts and dumps fuel in. . . BUT, if you run race-gas (leaded) you better keep an O2 sensor in your spare parts. . . ON YOUR BIKE! I've seen a bike dead due to a bad O2 cell after very little run-time.

If you think you are going to go turbo in the future. . . definitely look at the KMS. . . but, talk to a few of the guys that have run turbo's on their bikes. Make sure you know what you are getting into. They are FAST but, they aren't a turn the key and go (for most people). Maybe it is how much boost you run. . . I don't know. I'm not an expert on turbos.

OK. . . enough!

Old 11-09-2006, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi

very well said duneme I am just condsidering options as of now and want to get my info straight I do know what the 02 sensor is and would have to get someone to weld a bong into the header if I decide to go with the efi setup...my carb is just shot let me say that and if I am goign to rebuild it why not get something that is actually good and will give me power gains I have heard that the carb systems have sticking and a few probs but I am open to new options as for the dual 39's all I would have to do is cut a little piece of the frame for clearance correct anything really works for me right now but will spending 2k be worth it I don't know because if you understand how to jet a carb correctly and get them dialed in they will be just as good as the efi but no wiring problems,ecu,or any other sensors going bad so I guess you have a pt there and maybe a carb would be a better place to head towards...I greatly appreciate everyones help on here

Old 11-09-2006, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi

DUNEME!! Man did you hit the nail on the head!!!! And yep CRACKERJACKS system is in a box in my garage. Plus another 2 year old system. I think Kelly at KMS does the very best he can but he is limited,, He really needs to install and tune ALL of his systems himself,. They are complex and NOT for everyone.. You just can't beat the R&D behind Yamahas or, Suzukis EFI. Go with the KMS system if you're willing to become an expert on the system or are able to take it to kelly for tuning and MANY check ups ..
I will be building a stock DS motor with Head work, cams, piston, clutch and a C A R B!!! Even though I already have a KMS EFI system.

my 2 cts Just being honest from my experience

ps. I'm lucky, I have deep pockets ,many out there don't . Do the reasearch and spend your money wisely, alot of mods to your DS have down sides.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default kms efi

I might be interested in the spare kms turbo systems.

Old 11-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi

Just let me know! I also have 2 complete DS motors w/8:1 Turbo pistons. We went with Gsxr 1000 conversions. Run all day long on 91 octane at mach 3!!! lol ..lol!!//........So I got lots of DS parts!!!

Old 11-11-2006, 02:27 PM
Range Rover
Default kms efi

We are a "Master Dist." and we will not sell them anymore because of lack of support!!!

Old 11-11-2006, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi

whos "we" ?