CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

kms efi

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kms efi

I was wondering how the newer kms efi systems are and if they have gotten most of the kinks out compared to the older models...I just want to know how reliable they are pretty much since my carb is just about shot since I haven't changed it and the guy before me just abused the quad I am trying to wrok on the engine and stuff now...I would rather spend the money to get something good but just want to know if the kinks are out and it is efficient.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default kms efi

Well the system is good as far a recerational riding and but i will explain myself better later. But the coustomer service completely sucks.there are other ways to go with fuel injection i am working with one now.And thats just my opion

Old 11-06-2006, 04:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi

Well my carb right now is just horrible and I wanted to ask about the efi before I started to save up and spend 2 k on it because if it isn't worth that I would much rather just buy a good carb like the tm45 or lectron 46 and use the money elsewhere...But if the efi is good then I would like to have that the most

Old 11-07-2006, 05:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi

I was just at KMS today dropping off my EFI Turbo DS650 for Kelly to check over before dune season....My EFI systems works great and I've never had better customer service at any shop better than KMS....The only problem is that he is getting too busy now to BS with you.....He really trys to please his customers, but you can't make everybody happy all the time....Kelly will have a booth at vender row at Glamis to support his products in case anyone has any problems over T-day....

Old 11-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi

thanks sandrider I have heard goods things about him in the past but I just need to start making some imporvements to my ds's performance once I get the 450r paid off and was thinking of a list of things I can order once I get some money...are most of the kinks out of the system or is there anything I need to look out for besides just maintanance

Old 11-07-2006, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi

No kinks that I know of . I had a trouble free sand riding season last year. I kept giving Kelly feedback on some of the minor tuning issues I had the years prior and he coninued to tweak his program to make it really user friendly right out of the box. I also run a Vortex CDI and the EFI works wek with it....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi

guess i am going to have to save up some money then thanks for the info and hopefully I will be able to get me one

Trending Topics

Old 11-08-2006, 10:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default kms efi

Well azsandrider i too belived kelly was just "that" i do know of several people that had problems with KMS service i thought there had to be some explanation and now ive got it.If you live in phoenix and need support and have the time to stop in and check on him form time to time his service is good.But if you don't have that luxury your screwd.KMS has hurt me real bad @ both planetsands and i will never take a tire to them to be aired up.I do belive kelly has a good thing but in the past 6 months his service has gone to crap.And he dose not care.So thats a honest opinon and i dought any wants to debate this with me.

Old 11-08-2006, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi

I have sent him questions on my EFI via email with no response... its not a very good way to have customer service when ur running a business, i know, im running a restaurant

Impressed with the product
Disapointed in the help

Be careful if u do buy their fuel injection, you HAVE TO get a hold of them before installation, theres things you need to do that are NOT in the directions, ex: taking out the screen in ur gas tank

Old 11-08-2006, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default kms efi

alright thanks if I can't contact him when I get the money and order the efi then I am sure someone on here could tell me