CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

opinions on Outlaw 525

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 11:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opinions on Outlaw 525

When someone does get one, let me know.

I ride almost exclusively in rough trails with utilities, and am thinking of getting a 2nd machine. Not sure if I want a faster, more fun utility (outy 800), or some sort of trail oriented sport machine...

Old 11-15-2006, 11:24 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
The powerplant will be respectable. But you will have a hard time getting the power to the ground with an independent rear suspension. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Just the opposite my Outlaw has to much bite. I had to change the way I make sharp turns on my Outlaw. In the ruff stuff you will get more power too the ground because both wheels will be on it at the same time.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:27 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: CALDS650
Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
The powerplant will be respectable. But you will have a hard time getting the power to the ground with an independent rear suspension. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Just the opposite my Outlaw has to much bite. I had to change the way I make sharp turns on my Outlaw. In the ruff stuff you will get more power too the ground because both wheels will be on it at the same time.

Im talking about in a drag race application. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2006, 11:39 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah, I can see the irs being a liability in drag racing since the first thing you have happening on the IRS when you get hard on the throttle, is squish the rear end down .. loose a bit there I think ..

Old 11-15-2006, 11:42 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NLWarrior01
Yeah, I can see the irs being a liability in drag racing since the first thing you have happening on the IRS when you get hard on the throttle, is squish the rear end down .. loose a bit there I think ..
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

I wouldn't compare the irs on the outlaw the same as on an sportsman if you look at it the rear is at a differnt angle. The only 525 out right now are in the gncc racers hands.

Old 11-16-2006, 10:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: x_scrambler3
I wouldn't compare the irs on the outlaw the same as on an sportsman if you look at it the rear is at a differnt angle. The only 525 out right now are in the gncc racers hands.
If that's the case I stand corrected. I raced a guy on an outlaw a while back and he said, "It's the new one with the bigger motor." Obviously he was mistaken, flat out lied, or someway I misunderstood. But, in any case his outlaw wasn't all that impressive. I still stand by what I said though, like the Vforce it'll be nice for what it's designed for I just don't look for it to be a new market trend.

Old 11-16-2006, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider

there not out yet, If you want to ride one you probably have to go to minnesota. I may put my ds up and get a 525 outlaw. The ktm engine is very powerful more than the 700 rappy.

Old 11-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

From talking to a dirtbike buddy, the KTM motor does have a reputation for good power, reliability and longevity.

For my use, though, I'm not sure I could live w/o 4x4, so I'm wondering about the Renegade, too. I'd prefer something lighter and manual shift, but it's 4x4 and I'm sure will be sporty and fast by utility quad standards...

Anyway, I doubt the 525 Outlaw will cause IRS to take over the sport quad world, but I bet it will become something that a lot woods trail sport riders might opt for.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

I am considering adding one to the stable as well. I love the DS but I also love to ride high speed cross country (desert) it would be nice to not have to be dodging rocks all the time. I have hit rocks twice on the skidplate at high speed and thought I was going over the handle bars. Thank god the DS and by butt are so heavy [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: opinions on Outlaw 525