CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

4 stroke chalenge news planet sand

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 stroke chalenge news planet sand

Its at gordon wells the other side of the imperial dunes.And if headsup can even be 5 bikes from me at the top on his lightweight riged i will pay all his traveling expences.But just for coming i will take him and his crew to mexico and show him some of the best carne asada in the world and margaritas too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And that gose gose for you too bd260r.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
I'm Short and Very Ugly.....

Originally posted by: AZSAND
And that gose gose for you too bd260r.
Cool [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] thanks for the invite.............

Ya know you one funny guy do ya get payed for being funny ????????? LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Pro Rider

Its at gordon wells the other side of the imperial dunes.And if headsup can even be 5 bikes from me at the top on his lightweight riged i will pay all his traveling expences.But just for coming i will take him and his crew to mexico and show him some of the best carne asada in the world and margaritas too.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And that gose gose for you too bd260r.

Does this deal still apply even if Im 5 bikes in front of ya at the top?

Old 11-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

BD260r I wish....Its way easier then what i actualy do to get paid. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Either way bud.........But if its in front i will get you drunk in mexico and pry all your secrets out of you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Pro Rider
Runs a DS870 that will flat out Shit and Git!

[/quote] With the power we are making, for a light duty Raptor motor to keep up, they will be on the ragged edge and worried about the bike lasting the weekend.

They have gotten the Raptors and 450's a little lighter than ours but they will still need to make 135 hp (Raptor) or 100 hp (450's) to be in the running with us. That will be tough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

of the four atvs you have listed on your sig, 3 of them are Raptors, am I missing something with your statements? You love DS but you mostly own Raptors? WTF?

and as for your hp numbers you quoted there, the Raptors I have seen are not making the hp numbers these DS's are, but are running the same ETs. So something is not adding up there.

Anyway, sorry for interrupting, but your comments seemed weird. And this race series looks great for you west coast guys. If I lived over there I would be excited.

Old 11-19-2006, 02:40 PM
Pro Rider

Either way bud.........But if its in front i will get you drunk in mexico and pry all your secrets out of you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Will I get to see you at Planetsand in Gilbert, La?

Old 11-19-2006, 02:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Chances are very slim im getting real tired of the racing for profit game i will more than likely go back to enjoying the sport. Its getting to vicious and since i don't make a living at this like a lot of folks getting in the game.I don't feel the need to fight the battle any more.I will go back to being the consistently fastest bike wherever im at on any weekend that way i don't need a team its all ME. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: OverRaTeD
With the power we are making, for a light duty Raptor motor to keep up, they will be on the ragged edge and worried about the bike lasting the weekend.

They have gotten the Raptors and 450's a little lighter than ours but they will still need to make 135 hp (Raptor) or 100 hp (450's) to be in the running with us. That will be tough[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][/quote]

of the four atvs you have listed on your sig, 3 of them are Raptors, am I missing something with your statements? You love DS but you mostly own Raptors? WTF?

and as for your hp numbers you quoted there, the Raptors I have seen are not making the hp numbers these DS's are, but are running the same ETs. So something is not adding up there.

Anyway, sorry for interrupting, but your comments seemed weird. And this race series looks great for you west coast guys. If I lived over there I would be excited.[/quote]

Overrated - I have a DS800 race motor, I sold my OEM chassis and have a Sand Viper rigid on order to take its place. The DS is the race bike because that motor is better than any other single cylinder availible in an ATV for holding up to big HP. I prefer the Raptor 700R with high end Ohlins suspension for duning characteristics and handling and the Raptor is much faster in stock form than a DS. With the sound restrictions we have on the Oregon Coast (95% of the riding I do) the Raptor is my best choice to run hard, be relatively light weight and have reverse.

Again, I prefer the DS for a race base. I am upgrading my DS to the next level by going rigid and setting up for 300'.

My R1 Raptor is a novelty and it is what I use for weekend hill racing here in Oregon. It doesn't work great for entering classes at events like these because it is a 4-Cyl.

Maybe instead of randomly and hap-hazardly selecting the bikes I want to have i should have sought out your counsel first..............

Your point about the hp numbers is interesting. We have yet to get a DS down to the weight of a Raptor............much less a 450. I have heard rumers of 450's weighing as little as 220 lbs that still qualify for OEM chassis classes. It is natural that they will require less hp to compete with us on a long steep hill when our lightest to date as been 315 lbs.

Old 11-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Speak for yourself nutboy the monorail runs almost every weekend somewhere and has yet to have an engine swap.but still runs no's you only dream about.And wouldn't a team of drons all working for the same goal as a unit not have a duplicate motor sitting beside there bike in the pits at all times.Like the average weekend racers do?????And as far as this series im not too sure if i like this new thing i have a life.And am not serious enough about careing whos the fastest to run arouind following a series.But i will be willing to bet if that winner trips on over to freeway hill on any gven weekend he will get his az handed to him by the monorail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Translation:

My monorail DS can outrun whoever wins this challenge but I have better things to do than enter these races. Bring the winner over to my hill afterward and i will get on the internet and say I am faster.

AZ - You told me yourself that everytime you crossed the 150 hp mark with boost, your head lifted off the cylinder far enough to see daylight under it.......which meant a new head gasket.

We have passed that 150 hp mark with NOS with no head gasket issues. No body doubts your bike rips.......well some people do, but I don't, lol. I bet when that bike of yours is running right you post the highest MPH numbers of any single cylinder so far..........but i bet several slower MPH bikes cross the finish line ahead of you[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 4 stroke chalenge news planet sand