CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

louiziana lawyer

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default louiziana lawyer

Originally posted by: DSNUT
Scott,

I want to see you get that chassis but anymore you need about $20 to $30k minimum at stake to involve an attorney.....unless you are simply getting counsel.

You would be almost better off to go to their shop and slip in the oil, lol. Then you can get your attorney's fees paid, J/K [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ron
$20-30,000 ???????? Are you wacked? I sued Audi/VW and the lawyer bill for 8 months of his work was $15,000 of which Audi had to pay.

Old 11-22-2006, 02:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default louiziana lawyer

This situation is long overdue and needs to be address swiftly.

Old 11-22-2006, 03:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default louiziana lawyer

Originally posted by: smoothguy
Originally posted by: DSNUT
Scott,

I want to see you get that chassis but anymore you need about $20 to $30k minimum at stake to involve an attorney.....unless you are simply getting counsel.

You would be almost better off to go to their shop and slip in the oil, lol. Then you can get your attorney's fees paid, J/K [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Ron
$20-30,000 ???????? Are you wacked? I sued Audi/VW and the lawyer bill for 8 months of his work was $15,000 of which Audi had to pay.

No I'm not whacked. I know how much time and energy goes into this stuff. After you win that judgement, there is a 50% chance or better that they will appeal and you will not see court again for almost another year in many cases. Meanwhile you have to worry about every little thing you say or even joke about because someone was listening and might use it against you somehow in court.

About you sueing Audi, I bet you would sue anyone at the drop of a hat based on your comments in the past about BRP. Some of us have a higher threshold on what constitutes the propriety of legal action.

I will defend myself agressively but the only time i would ever sue someone is for the principle of the matter. Never for the money.

What is your philosophy?

Old 11-22-2006, 07:01 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?
Default louiziana lawyer

Ha 2big lets visit them with pipe in hand I have plenty.With the 2 of us we have 2.5 good men.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider
Default louiziana lawyer

this is no longer about the money, its about principal. i paid 3500 cash up front to cp customs in february of this year, after my accident in march i put my build on hold for 6 weeks becouse i was trying to sell the whole thing at that point i was told i was to far into the build to turn around and get some money back. now 7 months later im still without a chassis, im not about threatening anyone im just about collecting whats mine. at this point i dont want the chassis anymore due to the fact that there might be some bad feelings and the chassis will be poorly put together. i dont care if this cost me 10,ooo its about treating people rite. i know there has been other people with there chassis there and they were not finished either. i guess when you pay up front that gives the builder the ritye to ffffff you over. its a sad day in the racing buisiness when a chassis builder can not be trusted. i have the cash and the backing to take this to the supreme court if cp customs wants to.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-22-2006, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default louiziana lawyer

i agree about small claims,you need to see if they are incorporated also. but if you take them to court and If you win they would have to pay lawyers fees.

Old 11-23-2006, 12:09 AM
Pro Rider
Default louiziana lawyer

i know several good lawyers...but yes Jonny Cochran, though dead, does have 12 established law firms across the country with one in the state of Louisiana...

did you SIGN a contract promisng or even hinting towards a certain delivery time and expected work to be performed? I know you have emails and that is good. Do you have a receipt? and do the emails from them acknowledge that they have the money, they didnt do the work, you expressed your disssatisfaction and they acknowledge that as well?

Louisiana law is the most unique in the US b/c it is still the only state that uses Napleonic code.

here is their address, if you didnt have it handy. they also have a website cpcustoms.com have an attorney send them a letter. sometimes that is all you need b/c some people dont want to get tied up court either. if they lose, they have to pay all att fees, court costs.. its just not a good deal for them. if it did go to small claims i dont think you would have a problem.

CPCustoms

13135 Devall Rd.

Baton Rouge, La 70818

"Cp Customs Is a Family owned And Operated Business we are Located In Denham Springs, Louisiana And Are proud to be your choice In the performance Quad/bike field we Stand behind are work with a 100% customer satisfaction guarantee!"

may want to nail them on their on the slogan too in the letter... 100% customer satisfaction garrantee, right? sure they dont want bad press about that.. the letter must be sent via certified mail and must have a expected, reasonable response time from them. if they dont respond by that time then they look worse for any court. have the att send you a copy at the same time as well.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:37 AM
Pro Rider
Default louiziana lawyer

i dont want to have to sue anyone, but if im forced to like i said earlier i am willing to spend whatever it takes. there was no written contracts but the emails stated all the facts. i have several emails where there were dates promised to be done and they have come and gone. im sure craig is a great guy he has been nothing but nice to me on the few ocassions we talked so im sure he will step up and complete this project.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:55 AM
Pro Rider
Default louiziana lawyer

well for the most part no one really wants to be 'sue happy' about anything. maybe they over-commited b/c they didnt know how to manage their workload and didnt want to lose business. it happens allot. you just have to weigh in the balance of - do you want it done and can you trust them to do it when clearly they havent or just get the money back. your call, man. but if you want to officially put them on notice, get the letter sent before the year rolls around; b/c after 1 yr of no official action, rights dwindle.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Default louiziana lawyer

I dont believe that people are sue happy, we expect to get what we pay for in a reasonable amount of time. when we dont it might seem that the only way to handle it is to sue.its the companies with the dont give a damn attitude that screws up your mind when your want to tcob.

Quick Reply: louiziana lawyer