CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HPR cnc big valve race head....

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 12:55 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPR cnc big valve race head....

anybody try one of these on a stock bore ds with the usual mods done to the bike(14 to1 comp., hp 3 cams , vortex ing.,
big gun full exhaust, tm 45 carb., open air box, etc)........
just wondering what kind of gains you got?? on HPR site it sez 10 to12 hp on a big bore but omly 5 hp on a stock bore....
this dosnt seem right ( on the stock bore that is) or are there other benifits that porting dose for the stock bore???
i ported the head on my honda crf 450 dirt bike and its like a diff. motor know!!! it just @#%$ rips, like geting off a
moped on to a GSX-R 1000 crotch rocket...... anyway, just trying to get some imput before i spend the cash on a HPR head
or maybe the big bore kit.......
thanx.......................................

Old 12-03-2006, 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

flux i have big valves, race/trail porting not the full race port job, 14-1 piston, hpr4 cams, vortex cdi, lectron 48hv, hpr end cap, and i at 60hp and i started at about 42hp i did it at once, it runs good alot of torque. i have a dyno sheet on my picture page.

Old 12-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Pro Rider

What size valves are you looking to run in this cnc head?

Old 12-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
im not sure... i was going to talk to eric to see what he thinks, i dont know i may have changed my
mind , i might go with a kms turbo and turbo piston... i have the hp3 cams not sure how they will
work with a turbo, i know HPR has turbo cams but i might get them later.................
any thoughts on turbo vs. all motor??????

Old 12-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: flux
im not sure... i was going to talk to eric to see what he thinks, i dont know i may have changed my
mind , i might go with a kms turbo and turbo piston... i have the hp3 cams not sure how they will
work with a turbo, i know HPR has turbo cams but i might get them later.................

Im sure the turbo's will be the ticket in time....but nobody knows how long we are talking....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

What I mean is there are far too many bugs in a turbo for them to be as optimum on an "all motor" application.

The turbo's are fast when they are "right". But they are broke more than they are running. JMO.

Build you a solid stock bore and spray it with a decent shot of nitrous and you will not be let down.

Old 12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah. As far as the size valves....be sure and get back with me on that....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2006, 10:22 PM
Range Rover

Im sure the turbo's will be the ticket in time....but nobody knows how long we are talking....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

What I mean is there are far too many bugs in a turbo for them to be as optimum on an "all motor" application.

The turbo's are fast when they are "right". But they are broke more than they are running. JMO.

Build you a solid stock bore and spray it with a decent shot of nitrous and you will not be let down.
ive read alot of posts on here about kms kit, and everybody that has it says is vrey reliable, maybe when thay first came out thay had prob.
but i think they worked them out... with a low comp. piston made for turbos and not pushing alot of boost id be fine.....i had a nos system on my
GSX-R 1000 and didnt like it , haveing to get the bottle filled all the time(theres no nos fill station close to me) sucked....
plus the fuel inj. has got to rock......

Old 12-03-2006, 11:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ive read alot of posts on here about kms kit, and everybody that has it says is vrey reliable, maybe when thay first came out thay had prob.
but i think they worked them out... with a low comp. piston made for turbos and not pushing alot of boost id be fine.....i had a nos system on my
GSX-R 1000 and didnt like it , haveing to get the bottle filled all the time(theres no nos fill station close to me) sucked....
plus the fuel inj. has got to rock......
I have heard and read numerous horror stories on the KMS turbo system with EFI. I have heard only one person say they have had virtually no problems.......That was azsandrider.

People to talk to:

Scatterbrain
Budtbaar
AZSAND
Boomer84
Donal
Bajabasicx (I think he has one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img])

Old 12-04-2006, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

Yea you will just have to talk to the people who have run them. Thats the only way to know besides diving in head first