CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

A typical holiday weekend trip to Glamis (funny)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A typical holiday weekend trip to Glamis (funny)

You finally arrive after a 12hr drive and an amazing trailer tire blow out in downtown LA . lucky for you it was only 6 lanes and durring rush hour and its pretty ironic you forgot to bring the jack. it will be hard to sleep anywhere you park after dec 27. if you park on the washes the dust will be incredible and never goes away. you can only see about 50ft and its on everything in your camper and there is nothing you can do about it. be ready for people to camp 3 feet away from you and they will even block access to your ramp back door if you arent there to stop them .they will be dirving rotten old 1972 motorhomes with leaky septic tanks and pulling trailer loads of old three wheelers and crappy dirt bikes with spay can paint jobs and seats duct taped on and will most likely have a stack of wooden pallets for the inevitable all night bon fire and an old 500 watt worn out construction generator that for some reason they set as close to you as they can which NEVER shuts off. somehow they saved up enough money to buy a big keg of old milwaukee and a 1/2 gallon of black velvet and 100 gallons of fuel!!. did I mention they WILL be screaming drunken skin heads and WILL be up all night tweaking and riding loud bikes through the fire and around your camper and they seem to have an unlimited amount of fire crackers? if they do go to sleep at dawn or so they will have 2 big ugly dogs that bark constantly untill they come back out side . they will also have 6 or 7 little kids that get out of bed shortly after sun up that will be riding crappy little three wheelers with baffles removed all around your camper . see, they would keep all the now sleeping skinheads awake so mom told them to go ride somewhere else. you had better keep your vehicles inside at night because there are more people down there with bolt cutters than without and even if they cant take your bike they will take your seat, gas cans, ice chest, whatever they can carry. once the skin heads do get up they come over every 10 minutes and ask to borrow things as if last night never happened and if you do loan them something you have to ask for it back because they will NOT return it otherwise. never let kids go exploring alone or leave your sight or they will be run over by 4 sun burnt drunk guys from LA who are out duning in a slolen 4x4 truck ( which they will later burn to the ground ). be careful out in the dunes because what ever dune you decide to go over there will be three guys coming over it from the other side drunk with no flags . its generally not really what I would call a vacation but more of a test. if you make it through the week unscathed you will head home more sressed and pissed of than when you arrived and if you dont, may god have mercy on your soul...... see you there!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

And don't we all love it.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:38 AM
Range Rover

You must be about at wash 4, down farther like 12 or 14, I've found is alot better.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:43 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: supersonictoys
You finally arrive after a 12hr drive and an amazing trailer tire blow out in downtown LA . lucky for you it was only 6 lanes and durring rush hour and its pretty ironic you forgot to bring the jack. it will be hard to sleep anywhere you park after dec 27. if you park on the washes the dust will be incredible and never goes away. you can only see about 50ft and its on everything in your camper and there is nothing you can do about it. be ready for people to camp 3 feet away from you and they will even block access to your ramp back door if you arent there to stop them .they will be dirving rotten old 1972 motorhomes with leaky septic tanks and pulling trailer loads of old three wheelers and crappy dirt bikes with spay can paint jobs and seats duct taped on and will most likely have a stack of wooden pallets for the inevitable all night bon fire and an old 500 watt worn out construction generator that for some reason they set as close to you as they can which NEVER shuts off. somehow they saved up enough money to buy a big keg of old milwaukee and a 1/2 gallon of black velvet and 100 gallons of fuel!!. did I mention they WILL be screaming drunken skin heads and WILL be up all night tweaking and riding loud bikes through the fire and around your camper and they seem to have an unlimited amount of fire crackers? if they do go to sleep at dawn or so they will have 2 big ugly dogs that bark constantly untill they come back out side . they will also have 6 or 7 little kids that get out of bed shortly after sun up that will be riding crappy little three wheelers with baffles removed all around your camper . see, they would keep all the now sleeping skinheads awake so mom told them to go ride somewhere else. you had better keep your vehicles inside at night because there are more people down there with bolt cutters than without and even if they cant take your bike they will take your seat, gas cans, ice chest, whatever they can carry. once the skin heads do get up they come over every 10 minutes and ask to borrow things as if last night never happened and if you do loan them something you have to ask for it back because they will NOT return it otherwise. never let kids go exploring alone or leave your sight or they will be run over by 4 sun burnt drunk guys from LA who are out duning in a slolen 4x4 truck ( which they will later burn to the ground ). be careful out in the dunes because what ever dune you decide to go over there will be three guys coming over it from the other side drunk with no flags . its generally not really what I would call a vacation but more of a test. if you make it through the week unscathed you will head home more sressed and pissed of than when you arrived and if you dont, may god have mercy on your soul...... see you there!!!!!!!!!!
You got to stop parking at wash 5 go to wash 7 LOL

Old 12-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

we were on wash 16 almost to 17

Old 12-11-2006, 01:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Guys. . . he was talking about HIS Camp [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Don't forget about the dogs taking a crap in your camp, bottle rockets aimed at your trailer, 1,000,000,000 candle power spot light they aim at your bedroom, one of those siren type lights going ALL FREEKIN' NIGHT LONG!!! Oh and they only ride IN camp.

Have a great trip!

Hope to make it between X-mas and New Years but, will be there last week in Jan / first week in Feb. regardless.

Old 12-11-2006, 03:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

That sucks!! Thats also why I dont go there...

I was laughing at the analogy though! Makes sand Mt Utah, Nevada and Dumont up there on the charts.

There may be alot of accidents unfortunately at Dumont and everywhere else, But the 5.0 patrols deep at Dumont and its a great thing!! Sorry to hear you got tweaked!!!LOL literally!! You described it so well, I went to grab the SK but realized I was at home[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider

This is making me re-think my christmas week plans. Is it really this bad? I like my sleep and am not interested in having my equipment stolen or my kids run over[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 12-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

I don't get it... what's the problem? First of all we only lit fireworks until 2:00am, and the one that hit your trailer... well that was an accident. Second, my dog is not ugly, and she only barks because she gets lonely. Last, that ATC70 is vintage man... thats the original seat cover.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FatHolly
I don't get it... what's the problem? First of all we only lit fireworks until 2:00am, and the one that hit your trailer... well that was an accident. Second, my dog is not ugly, and she only barks because she gets lonely. Last, that ATC70 is vintage man... thats the original seat cover.
Fatholly, Im glad to see you post again. You are one of the most funny guys on this forum. LOL!

Supersonic, It sounds like you folks had quite an experience....to say the least.

Quick Reply: A typical holiday weekend trip to Glamis (funny)