CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

$500 an under

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2006, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $500 an under

Originally posted by: DSNUT
My recommendation is a pipe and proflow intake. At only 16, there is no way for you to really know what you will be good at, lol. You will figure that out over the next 20 years. In other words, don't sell yourself short. Just find someone to teach you.
I would ditto that. I was 27 when we got these bad boy quads. In July of 05 I could not even attempt to change the oil. Now I do all of our major work. The oil, plugs, jetting, tuning, valve clerance, did my own cams and valves clearence. Assisted on my own piston change, and new ported head assembly. You would be amazed at what you can learn in a short time when you get that little disease......called HP!!!!!!! I would recommend the Top Gun pipe from HPR and also the ported intake with where you are at. If you have any questions on installs, or jetting changes there are many of us here that will gladly help you out. Many will share thier phone numbers and offer to walk you through it on the phone. Good luck.

Old 12-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $500 an under

Originally posted by: DSNUT
My recommendation is a pipe and proflow intake. At only 16, there is no way for you to really know what you will be good at, lol. You will figure that out over the next 20 years. In other words, don't sell yourself short. Just find someone to teach you.
Ill third that . Iam only 16 to and do all of my own work , as well as rebuilds, but my dad has been a mechanic on small motors for the last 25 years and has tought me everthing I know. The air box swap and pipe swap is a fairly simple procedure.Pro Flow air are great , had one on my old banshee. If you are worried about jetting have the local dealer jet it. Good Luck !