CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

This place needs some living up!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This place needs some living up!!!

Well the Pami just got its new wheeliebar installed.

my 05 motor is about to go on a trip. At least the head and then back into a lightened freshly powder coated frame. A box of parts should be back from the chromer next week

My 02 candy red DS is being parted out as we speak. Ive sold a ton of stuff so far but still have some left

Old 12-30-2006, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: mystereid
I tried out a new JE 11.5 piston, a ported intake, a bunch of carb mods and a new filter system yesterday in Florence.
It was a mixed bag, after the rings seated I could feel a little more power but I think I screwed the bike all up with a new intake and huge inverted cone filter. I left my old filter setup at home so had to make due with messing with the jetting and it never ran right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] I know I should only make one change at a time but I got in a hurry.

I was pointed to Predatorowners.com and spent 2 hrs reading back posts about carb mods and filters, they run the same carbs you know. Everyone said long tube honda civic type intakes were a pain to jet and I have to agree.
There are alot of posts about a guy who mods the stock carburetor but his price has increased from $50 to $200 as he improved on his methods and added improvements. At that price range I'd start looking at different carbs.
The Nicholas Cycle Predator carb mod is the company that modifies the 42mm carb we run. All I can say is with my buddy's slip on pipe and these Nicholas mods on his Predator..made a huge difference in his power. He's very fast!

Old 12-30-2006, 01:45 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: amd
Thanks for your input dsnut. Now on to something worth while.
You know I'm right, lol. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

My HPR800 motor was split and the full 1 - 5 auto tranny was installed. The head should be on it already and it will ship out either tomorrow or Tuesday for Las Vegas to be installed in Sandbombers chassis for the upcoming 4sws.

We will be entering the +650cc OEM featured class and the +650 Power Adder Featured class. The winners of either class will be eligible to run in the KOTH class which is our goal.

We will be running a smaller shot on the hill so 130 hp in a 295 lb chassis is what we are packing. 222 will be flying in to pilot the bike.....hopefully to KOTH for the second year in a row!

Wish us luck! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

well as I sift through this post I see some cool stuff going on with several bikes, glad to hear it and good luck!
and I do hope a Bomb shines once again at 4sws!

On another note, I bought a new trailer this year, sold the aluminum flatbed and bought an all aluminum enclosed Legend V-nose with ramp door and RV door on the side with window and screen door, roof vent, white walls on the interior, wiring her for 120VAC and 12VDC both.
Poor mans toy hauler I call it, once I unload the bikes I roll out the carpet over the epoxy coated floor and set up the beds. No AC but I ride and cook and eat and drink all day and the nights in the desert are always comfortable even when its 110 in the shade by day so I'm cool with that. At least there is no more setting up tents in the dust and getting all my gear dirty.
A toy hauler would be great, but I haul over the mountains on a 3,800 mile round trip every year and this very light weight setup is the best way for me to go without dropping another $40K on a new diesel pusher.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:13 PM
Pro Rider

I just want to get my DS back from the builder!!!!Okay i feel better now.It has been five or six weeks and i want to ride but i know good work takes time so patience,patience.patience.I have mentioned it before but since it is so slow i will repeat myself.I am getting a new HPR 14:1 piston,Vortex CDI,hpr clutch and i will be taking some weight off of my DS and maybe me too!!This time of year things usually slow down in here but lately its really dead.I hope to be posting the results of my new mods soon and it should be a good thing.

Old 12-30-2006, 02:14 PM
Range Rover

Mike, give me a call when you get that beast up and going to South Jetty! Would like to see how it runs[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2006, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider

Tony i will do that.

Old 12-31-2006, 12:22 PM
amd
Pro Rider

Well looks like you guys are doing some interesting things...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-31-2006, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Hey it is back...great thread lots of interesting projects going on... I am still on the fence with the Nitrous.....looks like it will happen early in the new year [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2007, 01:59 AM
Pro Rider

Spicey enough for ya? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Supercharger kfx first test. (video link)

Quick Reply: This place needs some living up!!!