CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can-Am forum NOT only DS650 forum!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can-Am forum NOT DS650 forum!!!

You do bring up a fair point. Here is the problem. Even though the DS may be discontinued, there are more of those that ride it in this forum then that ride the utilities...Most questions are read by a many of the DS folks, but these questions usually require experiance with that particular ride. Mose of the answers that come on these forums are just opinions from prior attempts and experiance with various things. So if no one has incountered that question in thier riding life, how can they answer the questions? You are also correct in that the bashing has not helped, as some of the most experianced and better motor heads have left this forum.

Old 01-01-2007, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Not to high jack your post but what happens when a quad is discontinued.Will i be able to buy parts or should i sell my quad.That would suck.Will other componies still make aftermarket parts for the ds650's?

Old 01-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So do you want us DS650 owners to leave? Most of the Can-Am BRP forums I come across are utility oriented, should we go there and ask them to start talking about our DS?

To be honest it does come across as whining if you are complaining about the fact that most of the post are DS oriented since most of us have DSs. Do you want us to start talking about quads we do not have?

As for the DS650s death, lets say production stops today! Am I going to sell my DS tomorrow? No, because for me there is still no other quad that can do what my DS can for the money I have in it. I still see a lot of TRX250Rs out and about, and the Banshee is out of production, but I couldn't tell on my last trip to Glamis as they were everywhere.

I'm really glad I found this forum when I got my DS. I had joined many forums to learn about My DS, but ended up only sticking with three as the others were mostly utility oriented. I did not start a thread at the forums I left complaining about the lack of DS posts, I just figured I needed to find a site the meet my needs.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Range Rover

Did you miss the part about me owning a DS as well as several other BRP/Can-Am products?
Why not stand united as a true BRP/Can-Am forum. Why seperate an already minor community by segregating amongst ourselves. This forum will evolve as less and less DS's are around. The next "hottest" ride will eventually dictate the topic of conversation. As previously stated, a lot of the truly experienced motorheads are no longer seen on this forum.

As far as replacement parts being available. All I can speak of is my own experience. I still own an 87' Kawasaki Tecate 4 quad. Only in the last few years have parts started to become scarce. In fact, most parts are still available. As far as aftermarket parts go, they are few and far between. The aftermarket is driven by supply and demand. When the demand becomes so low that production of parts becomes negatively cost efficient, production will stop. Leaving only what's left in stock available. The aftermarket has never really caught on to the DS like they do the Honda's, Yamaha's, etc.

I think it will be a long time before replacement parts become an issue with the DS. As with the Tecate, there will be specialty shops catering to most niche markets.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

About a half dozen times a year I read a thread and it just makes me shake my head. This is one of them.
Let me give my analogy of my take on this thread
This thread is like OJ going to a KKK rally and then getting mad because no one will let him light the cross on fire!!!

I have a Traxter and when I have problems with it, this is not the first place I ask questions about it. There are other forums that have people that own Tracksters...........this does not have to be one of them!!!!!! Does that upset me? AAAAAAA NO!!!!!
If I owned a DS THIS would be the first place I would come to ask my question. I don't even own one, but I like to hang out here because there is a lot of good motor and chassie people in here.

Old 01-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Pro Rider

12many...no offense, but I guess I don't see the reason for the rant. What's wrong with DS guys being on here? Isn't that the purpose of the forum? Individual threads?

I agree with you and the others that the DS needs an upgrade. I'd like to see those guys put an 800 on the DS frame. Won't happen but like to see it.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

guess this is over my head ....there seems to always be a couple of outy 800 threads with a coupe of 400 outlander threads on here all fo the time.....geee whats your question?

Old 01-01-2007, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
About a half dozen times a year I read a thread and it just makes me shake my head. This is one of them.
Let me give my analogy of my take on this thread
This thread is like OJ going to a KKK rally and then getting mad because no one will let him light the cross on fire!!!

I have a Traxter and when I have problems with it, this is not the first place I ask questions about it. There are other forums that have people that own Tracksters...........this does not have to be one of them!!!!!! Does that upset me? AAAAAAA NO!!!!!
If I owned a DS THIS would be the first place I would come to ask my question. I don't even own one, but I like to hang out here because there is a lot of good motor and chassie people in here.
LMAO!!!

I got a DS 90 that my daughter rides, and its about time this forum starts to talk just about it, since there isnt alot of folks talking about it. So no more Ds talk and just 90 talk...got it, lmao!!!

Old 01-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Range Rover

I am one of the DS owners. I have never said DS guys should not be on here.

This is a HUGE forum that is titled Can-Am(BRP), why should I have to go to another forum for info on my other BRP quads?

Why don't more non-DS owners post here?? Why can't this forum support the whole community? Think about it.

Old 01-01-2007, 10:17 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe because we care only about our quads and quads alike.Thats shallow but ill be the first to admit it.I have a problem on my DS650 AND EVERYONE HELPS ME OUT!Im thankful to all that has helped me out.Ive learned alot.Man in only 82 posts your complaining already.Try another 82 and you might get your complaining opinion across.But most likely not.Im not sure your making a reall good arguement by complaing.Ask in a nice manner.And most of the time you should get an answer.But people cant help if they dont have the quad.Im trying to say this in a nice manner...And im only 16 but you really need to grow up![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Can-Am forum NOT only DS650 forum!!!