CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Does any body have ac nerf bars

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 03:39 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does any body have ac nerf bars

Does any body have ac nerf bars with heel gaurds on there ds 650 if you do can you post a pic

Old 01-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Range Rover

My pics have a couple shots with them in it.

Old 01-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

I used to have the AC Pro Pegs, but have since replaced them with IMS Pegs... no pics but I can tell you that I was slightly disappointed with them... first I had to fab up my own brackets for them... it was no big deal but anyone who does not weld would have been sorely disappointed. Then they rattled so much it sounded like my bike was an old junker. My friends could hear the rattles when riding next to me... no BS. The last thing is design of the fender bracket... it would have been so easy for AC to weld on a couple of tabs on to the top of the heel guard for a nice clean look... instead you get a cheesey mount that belds all over the place changing the look of your fender. They are pretty worthless if you ask me... I actually cut my rear fenders beacause I hated the idea of such a lame mount. Anyways, I'm much happier with the IMS pegs and they look way cooler too... not as safe but who cares about safety when you look like a freakin' rock star.LOL... JMHO

Old 01-06-2007, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

First off i had the AC6 pack rack and then went and got the pro pegs....they both never fit worth a crap. If you get them on they are very nice and will last.

Old 01-07-2007, 12:58 AM
Trailblazer

hey couch on wheels did you have any trouble putting them on, i really like your bike did you just peel the stickers of of your plastic? i notice that your fenders are attached to some kind of a contraption did that come with the bars? hey if that is the way it chanes the look im all for it that looks way better then stock, also what size are your front tires are they 23`s how do you like the razers i just bought a set of itp holeshot hd`s but sadly the snow has ruined my fun on my toy, and the big question is that the stock header you have there. thanks for the info guys but i think im gunna get a set because where i am thats the only set i can get with heel gaurds and i do like the look. does any body have a pic of the ims set on there bike?

Old 01-07-2007, 01:46 AM
Pro Rider

I have a/c racing nerf bars on my ds and 450r and haven't had a problem with them...they make a huge difference while riding and won't dissapoint...check out my pics

Old 01-08-2007, 02:30 PM
Range Rover

Savagebeating, sorry for getting back so late. Thanks for the compliment

Just peeled off the stickers, a little Goof Off from Sherwin Williams to get the glue off.

Stock header with HMF slip exhaust

Loved the 23's Razr's up front

The nerfs had the fender mounts on them. One thing about the nerfs, I had a fitment issue with mine also. The peg replacements that they send with them to mount the nerfs had the little tubes that the nerfs slid onto, were welded at the wrong angles, I cut them out and replaced with longer tubes, at the right angle. Loved them after that, mine were solid with no rattles.

Old 01-08-2007, 02:51 PM
Trailblazer

do you mean the tubes that fit together underneath of the rad in the front, if so i had the same problem with my dg`s and i just bent them in there? Also how is the power of the hmf did it give you a big increase in bottom end torque

Old 01-08-2007, 03:50 PM
Range Rover

No the little tubes up front fit together fine, what I was talking about is the mounts, you remove your stock bolt on foot pegs, and they send you new bolt on's with a 1/2 pipe welded to it that the nerf slides onto. Those little I believe 4" long pipes were welded at angles that didn't align the nerfs together right. I replaced them with 9" long pipes, maybe that extra stability is why I had no rattle issues. Also I called AC about the problem and they were more than willing to send new ones, but I had already fixed the problem, was just informing them incase they did not know they had a problem. Not to mis-lead you when I got them and they did not fit I was very upset, when you pay good money they should fit right. But I am glad that I kept them and fixed the minor problem, was very happy with them other than that one issue.

I really liked the HMF, I went from stock to the Trinity Stage IV system, and absolutley hated it, thought the quality was poor, fit and finish was poor, sounded poor, overall power was poor vs. cost of system. I sold the Trinity and purchased the HMF from HPR and was very happy, I liked the fit and finish, sounds great, and thought the power on lowend and midrange was worth every penny. I know that there are some better slips and pipes out there now (HP wise), but I would think the HMF is still got to be pretty good for the price, for the average rider.

I am speaking in pastence, because I sold the "Couch".

Old 01-09-2007, 12:59 AM
Trailblazer

i was thinking of going with a yoshi slip on pipe, do you know or have any experience with them and i think i will buy a set of the ac nerfs thanks for the info you were very helpful, along with every body on this forum were helpful.

Quick Reply: Does any body have ac nerf bars