CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

renegade question?? is this thing bad???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default renegade question?? is this thing bad???

Hi, I just found out about the renegade today. I don't see a lot about them on here. Are they alot faster than the outlander??? I can see they handle better. Anyone with some helpfull info would be apprieciated. looks like the old brute may go down the road if this gade is a mean as it looks. How close to a ds650 are they???

Old 01-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

check out atvfrontier.com there have been pics posted by people that have them and i think a couple of vids. From what I am seeing there are a awsome 4x4 quad. I would like to get 1 but I am waitin for the 450 ds.

Old 01-09-2007, 02:08 AM
Trailblazer

I used to drive a brute force 750 with the dyna cdi and yes it was fast. I now have the renegade and let me assure you unless you are a hardcore mud driver, lose the brute and get the renegade. Way quicker, smoother power, night and day better handling. But you will, repeat, will get muddy. I ate alot of Iowa topsoil today. I say I ate it because I was smiling so big that I couldn't shut my mouth long enough to swallow. The renegade is just that fun to drive. Today I ran it all out. 0-70 mph in under 2 tenths of a mile and 78 mph at 8000 rpm in under 1/2 mile. Did I mention I'm 250 lbs. It is incredibly stable at top speed due to the balanced tires and handling set-up on the machine. My BF wandered at top speed, not the renegade. If you want to be out front get the renegade. If you want to be way out front, mod the renegade. If you want to wallow in a mud hole keep the BF or buy an Outy 800.

Old 01-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Toolboy, I am sure that is the direction that I'll go soon. That thing sounds like a blast!! I'm just having a hard time thinking about the money that I'll lose on the brute. Thanks for the info.

Old 01-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Range Rover

While riding in Arizona over New Years holiday I ran across Diamond G Racing testing a Renegade with there cams and head work. This Renegade absolutelly flew! nothing could come close to it and he is not a small guy.

I had read post about how fast there modified Outlander is but this Renegade was just unbelievable. I will be saving up to get this kit for my Renegade A.S.A.P. I hope other manufacturers follow suit and give us true sport 4x4 like Can Am has

Tonto

Old 01-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Pro Rider

What all was out there. I am sure its fast and with there modds I am sure its packing a few extra pony's. So I am not surprised, just wanting a feel for how fast????

Old 01-16-2007, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

1999, there was a guy on the nyroc Prairie forum that took a tumble going ~100 mph down an asphalt frontage road, it was about 3 yrs ago. Maybe you remember it. He's getting ready to try it again I think.

These bikes are really gettin' fast.

Be careful, have fun.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

I know the snow are much softer, but stock sleds are capable of goin almost 120MPH without messin with the gearing on hard pack snow. Now 80MPH on a atv without any modz. When does it end???

speed killz

Old 01-16-2007, 12:38 PM
TPR
The Champ

Originally posted by: Toolboy
I used to drive a brute force 750 with the dyna cdi and yes it was fast. I now have the renegade and let me assure you unless you are a hardcore mud driver, lose the brute and get the renegade. Way quicker, smoother power, night and day better handling. But you will, repeat, will get muddy. I ate alot of Iowa topsoil today. I say I ate it because I was smiling so big that I couldn't shut my mouth long enough to swallow. The renegade is just that fun to drive. Today I ran it all out. 0-70 mph in under 2 tenths of a mile and 78 mph at 8000 rpm in under 1/2 mile. Did I mention I'm 250 lbs. It is incredibly stable at top speed due to the balanced tires and handling set-up on the machine. My BF wandered at top speed, not the renegade. If you want to be out front get the renegade. If you want to be way out front, mod the renegade. If you want to wallow in a mud hole keep the BF or buy an Outy 800.
One of the best investments you can make on the Renegade is to add a set of Bilstein shocks. Those are what they ran in the Baja 1000 and had no fade, no failure and that's hitting speeds of 70-90 mph, and carrying an average of 10mph more through the rough than the stocker....

BTW, the stock shocks are also designed by Bilstein but are more of a "recreational" design. Plus without rezzies I think you can pick up a set of 4 for about $400 per shock.

TPR

Old 01-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Trailblazer

Toolboy or others- any further ride reports?? I tentitively have one of these badboys coming next week and there isn't much info/ride reports yet.

A couple of my concerns- 1, how is the steering? I read in initial demo units from this summer that the steering was heavy, but Canam was going to address this before production.

2- how is the suspension/ride? Don't want to get beat up with a stiff harsh ride like a Brute(ya ya I know, but hey I'm 40 now!) By just pushing up/down on the suspension while sitting on the showroom floor it seems pretty cushy and compliant.

Any futher thoughts or reviews would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: renegade question?? is this thing bad???