CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What mods to compete with a raptor 700 & hrc honda 450er

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 08:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What mods to compete with a raptor 700 & hrc honda 450er

the big gun full system will give you the best power.... and id do the carb before a cdi....
a carb, exhaust, ported intake and high flow air filter will give you the best bang for your buck.....

Old 01-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Pro Rider

I really like the big gun.But I know BR has a hmf slip-on and im interested on it.And its a whole lot cheaper.Just dont have the money right now.So is lectron carb hard to figure out?On a scale of 1 to 10 what would it be.I know im getting exhaust and maybe then a carb then send it to my dealer for rejetting.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Pro Rider

I would buy a ron woods hands down but it cuts out the rev limiter completly.And i do not want to blow my engine.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: nathanpri08
I really like the big gun.But I know BR has a hmf slip-on and im interested on it.And its a whole lot cheaper.Just dont have the money right now.So is lectron carb hard to figure out?On a scale of 1 to 10 what would it be.I know im getting exhaust and maybe then a carb then send it to my dealer for rejetting.
the lectron will give you more preformance but the tm45 is no puss carb.....
the tm is more basic and you can buy jets at J&P cycles there cheap....
but jetting is not that hard... its something you should learn how to do...
with all the fuel ing. getting all the attention most people dont even know how a carb
works... when you get your carb ask some ? on the forum somebody will be glad to help....

Old 01-12-2007, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Another quick question can i use a ported intake with stock carb.Someone on hear has one on my garage.After my exhuast i would probably do that.How easy is it to get to.And after my exhuast should i wait to rejet and get the ported intake and then rejet everything.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: nathanpri08
Another quick question can i use a ported intake with stock carb.Someone on hear has one on my garage.After my exhuast i would probably do that.How easy is it to get to.And after my exhuast should i wait to rejet and get the ported intake and then rejet everything.
yup.. ported intake ok with stock carb. theres 3, 5mm allen head bolts, the one on the top
you need a ball end allen key to get it out , once ya crack it loss that is.....
and ya more air in means bigger main jet and more air out means bigger main jet to...
plus your going to have to mess around with the needle and the slow jet to.... sooo,
jet as you go i guess.....

Old 01-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

The TM45 is prob the easiest carb to jet, everything was very simple on it, only prob was it was SOOOO touchy, weather change effects the air/fuel ratio but the TM takes it to another level, i was rejetting for a rainy day lol, but when the jettin was good it had some power! I got so sick of carbs i went with the EFI and love it! course if ur pockets r tight i wouldnt suggest it.
As far as ur exhausts go, i've had both the HMF and i am running the Big Gun Evo X full systetm on my DS now, the HMF had awesome low end, very snappy on the throttle and has a nice deep grunt to 'er, but my Big Gun does have a better overall power, more specific compared to the top end, has a nice ceramic coating to let the heat out faster, only prob is i already have signs of rust since its not stainless.
Now for ur CDI box, u have a tach so a ron wood box shouldnt be a concern for ya, i watch mine and have never had a problem, if u want a cheaper cdi box i know Big Gun has one but i forget what it will rev to, Alba has one but i dunno anything about it.
My suggestion is this, save ur money to get the right stuff, the stuff you want for sure. Good luck!