CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

question about street bike engines replacements for the ds650

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default question about street bike engines replacements for the ds650

i wouldnt reply if i was ask that q that would be like handing out your bank accout# u dont do it that mean now u have more compatistion to care about and it well be hard to win.i checked out some 2000hp drag cars with turbos
they dont run intercoolers just like sst said theirs a short distance and it not going to cool at all for a 5 sec run u need a min of 30 sec to cool the air to gain more then 2hp.reasons not to have one on a atv 1)if you run off road sand and dirt can cover it so theirs no point in have it anymore 2) rocks can crack it and u now loss boast,power and dirt gets in your motor thats not go 3) its a part that the atv doesnt need to run so its a part that all it can do is take up space andor cause engine failer.are you getting your fuel from vp race fuel if not go to vpracingfuels.com they describe what the fuel does, what in it, what it works best in

Old 02-01-2007, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

vp race fuels have a gas i forgot the name but it is save for turbos, nozz and cr of 13.1
theirs fuels and go in engines with cr from stock to 15.1 the highs cr is 18.1 but that for full out dragsters with over 2khp

Old 02-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: exrider91
i wouldnt reply if i was ask that q that would be like handing out your bank accout# u dont do it that mean now u have more compatistion to care about and it well be hard to win.i checked out some 2000hp drag cars with turbos
they dont run intercoolers just like sst said theirs a short distance and it not going to cool at all for a 5 sec run u need a min of 30 sec to cool the air to gain more then 2hp.reasons not to have one on a atv 1)if you run off road sand and dirt can cover it so theirs no point in have it anymore 2) rocks can crack it and u now loss boast,power and dirt gets in your motor thats not go 3) its a part that the atv doesnt need to run so its a part that all it can do is take up space andor cause engine failer.are you getting your fuel from vp race fuel if not go to vpracingfuels.com they describe what the fuel does, what in it, what it works best in
I kan't undrstmd a ting u jest axed. Hokked on fonics werked fer my.

LOL

Old 02-01-2007, 05:38 PM
Trailblazer

The highest octane rating I have seen on Methanol is 108 MON. It has other anti-knock properties besides octane that make it more equivalent to 113 I believe. C16 is a very flexible fuel. It would take a ton of boost to make C16 inadequate.

Here is a quote from an article on Ethanol - "Pure ethanol ? made from renewable plant sources like corn, wheat and sugarcane ? has an octane rating of 113, compared with 107 for methanol and about 91 to 95 for gasoline.."

Here is a link to a site that talks about it -

Methanol Octane

Old 02-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Methanol is not 108 octane!! I've run 20psi of boost with methanol on a 10.4:1 piston which would require a lot higher than 108 octane.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:25 PM
Trailblazer

Click the link again. It says 99 octane. You act like octane is the only thing that slows burn, lol.

Look, there is more than one way to measure octane. There is Research Octane Number (RON) which is simply running a given fuel through a motor with a given compression ratio but not under load. Motor Octane Number (MON) which is the aviation lean octane rating, which is a better measure of how the fuel behaves when under load. MON testing uses a similar test engine to that used in RON testing, but with a preheated fuel mixture, a higher engine speed, and variable ignition timing to further stress the fuel's knock resistance.

Ethanol has a RON of 129 but it has a MON of 100 for example.

Methanol has a Ron of 130 but it has a MON of about 99 on most charts.

C16 has a MON of 117. That is 18 points higher than Methanol.

Old 02-01-2007, 06:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Old 02-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: RLarryCSwinger
Click the link again. It says 99 octane. You act like octane is the only thing that slows burn, lol.

Look, there is more than one way to measure octane. There is Research Octane Number (RON) which is simply running a given fuel through a motor with a given compression ratio but not under load. Motor Octane Number (MON) which is the aviation lean octane rating, which is a better measure of how the fuel behaves when under load. MON testing uses a similar test engine to that used in RON testing, but with a preheated fuel mixture, a higher engine speed, and variable ignition timing to further stress the fuel's knock resistance.

Ethanol has a RON of 129 but it has a MON of 100 for example.

Methanol has a Ron of 130 but it has a MON of about 99 on most charts.

C16 has a MON of 117. That is 18 points higher than Methanol.
I edited my post for you. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RLarryCSwinger
What do you run in your R1 conversion ? Have you tried methanol or anything nutty in it ?

Old 02-01-2007, 06:39 PM
Trailblazer

93 octane Pump Premium.

Ron

Quick Reply: question about street bike engines replacements for the ds650