CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can anyone here get me GMS pricing on a Duramax?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007 | 05:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Can anyone here get me GMS pricing on a Duramax?

Liberal.......Duneme you kill me, lmao!!!! Them there are fighting words!!

But now Az, go and call the Dodge the weakest.......come on, thats about as far fetched as it gets. We all know its the only true mid size diesel out there! Do we really need to talk about the 6 point uh oh!!!

I liked my Chevy. Like I like my Camry. Its in about the same class.......nothing like a good running CAR!!!! Bahahaha!!!

Old 02-23-2007 | 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

teebone the tire size are 285/75/16 with the torsionbars turned up.

Old 02-23-2007 | 12:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I have not bought any dodges since 04 but none in my fleet came close to the two diesiel "GODS" we have been known to hook them up in front of our shop and nothing has ever out pulled my green ford or my brown ford i just love my fords but if my chevy dealer has better prices i will drive a chevy and likewise with the dodge but one thing to alway's keep in mind is dodge and ford both are much easier to deal with if you like lifted trucks or moding your truck chevy is the king of THAT VOIDS YOUR WARANTY..........And dodge and especialy ford just don't care what you do.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] and thats worth any little discounts chevy offers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2007 | 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

I hear ya brotha. The last ford I owned was a 02', and although I still like the 7.3, the tranny sucked, and the truck turned like a dang semi!! I hear the new ones turn much better.

Be very careful on how high you turn them torsion bars up. On my 04, I turned them up till it was level, and ran the 285's. I owned a 3/4 ton truck, sure didnt think I should have to run equalizers on it for 7000 lbs of weight......WRONG!! That pos would bounce so bad in the front with tongue weight the tires would come off the ground. It only took me once in heavy traffic to send that old girl on down the road! The lifted trucks arent near as bad at that, so be careful with cranking the bars!

Oh, and I am partial as well, I load my dodges up more than most anyone, and they keep on trucking.........well except the 05's tranny, it needed a little help after 30,000 miles.

Its all good, I like riding in them all, as long as someone else is driving and footing the bill!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2007 | 12:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneMe

She's got warm on me a couple times. Never "overheated".
Be sure and blow out the radiator out often with shop air. Most of the overheating I see at my work is the radiators plugged. I have only replaced one fan clutch to this date. (by the way; I'm a diesel mechanic [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img])

Old 02-23-2007 | 01:07 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I have to add my 2 cents to this one...........

OK some of you guys are nuts!!!!! I work on these dang things day in and out...............

Here is my OPINION only!!!!!

FORD: Like the truck, I liked the 7.3 DI with the air to air (first year didn't have the air to air and it was a dog) but the 6.0 can hold it's own

DODGE: power wise not the best, but if you want the best lasting engine in the bunch THIS ONE!!! This engine lasts forever and will do more than the crap a$$ frame dodge uses...Love the 6 speed manual!!!!

CHEVY: has the best combo,engine to trans in the market......A Duramax (Isuzu) is one hell of a diesel HP wise......They are making good #'s now with aftermarket stuff, but wait for the aftermarket to catch up with that engine...Isuzu was the first diesel with the common rail setup and they are getting it down pat. The allison trans..IT"S good!!!!!! I think the new body style sucks!!!!

Hmmm...........ford frame, chevy powerplant and trans, in the dodge body.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2007 | 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

All of these trucks are put together with other brand parts.

Dodge has a Cummins diesel "inline 6 cylinder", Ford has the International and Chevy has the Isuzu.

Dodge has a Mercedes Trans? (Dodge had alot of tranny failures), Ford has a FORD TorqShift, Chevy has a Allison.

I have a 2004 Ford F-250 with a 6.0L and have a Gibson 4" exhaust with 3.5" downpipe, K&N cold air kit, and a predator on max 100hp/200 ft lbs of torque on the highest tune. This truck is a wild ride! It makes me laugh to think that with just with these mods it has 425hp and 765 ft lbs of torque and thats low balling the number. I am actually having some overboost problems, so it seems. Its a 2wd I lifted with a 6" pro comp kit and 35" BFG's on Moto Metal black wheels....sits much higher than a factory 4x4.

After working for For Proving Grounds, I got to see just what it takes to break a FORD......24/7 operation with crazy drivers (like me) with them loaded down with steel boxes loaded to the gills with pig iron.......they just kept going on and on and on over speed bumps at 45mph, parking curbs at 20mph, huge sand pits that would glow the headers for great night shows, hill climbs with speed bumps at 25mph, and twist ditches that would pretzel any other brand into a frame shop. I have seen a loaded F-450 flatbed LOADED pull the front tires off the ground and after about 13 times the driveshaft twisted into a pretzel....it was more like what will it take to break a ford. Nobody has a clue just how strong a ford truck really is.

We got to test a few brands out there to see the difference....my personal first time in a Dodge was up the hill with the speed bumps threw the battery right into the fan and radiator on a dodge pickup. I have seen two chevy pickups with the rear frame above the rear axle BREAK! (Dont buy a chevy as a repo/tow truck!) The dodge tailgate fell off the truck on the speed bumps at 45mph....dragging behind with a strong cable. This was all back in the late 90's and we were test drivng trucks of 2004 ish.

Just figured I would step in the crap if everyone else is.

Old 02-23-2007 | 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Thats good stuff there, but you left out the part about the 6 point uh oh......its a ford engine. How they taking all the abuse.......?
Fully agree about the dont buy the Chevs for heavy work load. There is no way I would consider putting heavy weight behind them. The engine will pull it great, but the truck.....? Do wish I had them Chevy seats though.....

But man to think, I am driving part Mercedes......dang I must be rich!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2007 | 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

"you left out the part about the 6 point uh oh......its a ford engine."

Its not a Ford engine its an International Navistar engine. I know that the 2003 and 2004 engines had ALOT of recalls. I had a turbo tube blow off mine in the first month....that was very loud! I still have recalls to get done. But as far as Uh oh ness.....sorry nothing major on my truck. It was a new design engine....we all know that you shouldnt get a first of anything. My friends 2005 has been perfect.

Old 02-23-2007 | 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BajaX04
This was all back in the late 90's and we were test drivng trucks of 2004 ish.
Time machine ehh... is that aftermarket, or OEM? LOL

Quick Reply: Can anyone here get me GMS pricing on a Duramax?