CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can anyone here get me GMS pricing on a Duramax?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007 | 05:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Can anyone here get me GMS pricing on a Duramax?

you guys that are saying that the motor in the chevy is an IZUZU are wrong. GM developed the engine with izuzu, which was partially owned by GM at the time. GM then turned around and bought the rights to the engine, and owns it exclusively.

just thought I'd set you ford and dodge "clowns" straight

Old 02-23-2007 | 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: learnem

just thought I'd set you ford and dodge "clowns" straight
LMFAO [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2007 | 11:26 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, whoever said it was an IZUZU was completely wrong. Its really an ISUZU engine....not an IZUZU!

You can read in a billion and a half places on the web that its an ISUZU designed engine.....and just so all you chevy owners know....thats not a bad thing.....

As far as rights to an engine.......I would sure hope all 3 would make sure they had rights to thier engine and have a say in what design changes they need!

Old 02-24-2007 | 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Hey wait a second. The 7.3....yep international. 6.0.....Ford. 6.4.........international redesigned the 6 point uh oh from ford. Atleast that's the way I have read it. I also read that ford had lost somewhere in the billion dollar range stemming from the 6.0.........? hearsay? Have you seen the new front lights on the ford.........paaaa uke!!! I like the interior though!

Oh and back to the guy who said the Chev's were the ones making all the power. Hp.....thats about all. Torque's what gets her done here folks, no other diesel can put down the numbers like the Cummins.

Anyone here that has a Chevy, needs to have Matt(Dsaholic) take you for a spin in his if you meet up at the dunes or something. That boys got one wicked truck.......for a Chevy! It'll make ya giggle like a school boy in the girls locker room!

Old 02-24-2007 | 02:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Hey wait a second. The 7.3....yep international. 6.0.....Ford. 6.4.........international redesigned the 6 point uh oh from ford. Atleast that's the way I have read it. I also read that ford had lost somewhere in the billion dollar range stemming from the 6.0.........? hearsay? Have you seen the new front lights on the ford.........paaaa uke!!! I like the interior though!

Oh and back to the guy who said the Chev's were the ones making all the power. Hp.....thats about all. Torque's what gets her done here folks, no other diesel can put down the numbers like the Cummins.

Anyone here that has a Chevy, needs to have Matt(Dsaholic) take you for a spin in his if you meet up at the dunes or something. That boys got one wicked truck.......for a Chevy! It'll make ya giggle like a school boy in the girls locker room!
I'm the one who said that Chevy is making the power....................You talk too much second hand; Before you speak you should at least know what you are talking about..................
Oh and about the "Torque's what gets her done here folks".........I use HP in the same way Detroit does with the 500HP series 60, and the 600HP series 60....Most people understand HP

Old 02-24-2007 | 01:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

Just to clarify. I don't know where your getting your figures from but the "new" big Cummins has the exact same torque as the "old" Chevy. My LBZ puts out 360hp and 650 ft/lbs bone stock. The "new" Dodge puts out 350hp and 650ft/lbs. Dodge is still playing catch-up.

As far as Ford goes. They may have to ship the new trucks from the factory without engines. The customer may have to buy a it as a kit truck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ford and Navistar are having a little tiff. Who is going to blink first? I think it would be funny to cut engines off to Ford for lets say a month or so. But that would just drive the last nail in the coffin of Ford.
I hope Ford has good tech's working at every dealer because you have to pull the body for just about everything other than an oil change. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Maybe Dzus fastners on the cab??? Ha ha ha ha.........
Ford Tiff

What is the auto industry coming to when the big three can't even design an engine on their own? All sub'ed out work. How sad.

Old 02-24-2007 | 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
Just to clarify. I don't know where your getting your figures from but the "new" big Cummins has the exact same torque as the "old" Chevy. My LBZ puts out 360hp and 650 ft/lbs bone stock. The "new" Dodge puts out 350hp and 650ft/lbs. Dodge is still playing catch-up.

As far as Ford goes. They may have to ship the new trucks from the factory without engines. The customer may have to buy a it as a kit truck. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Ford and Navistar are having a little tiff. Who is going to blink first? I think it would be funny to cut engines off to Ford for lets say a month or so. But that would just drive the last nail in the coffin of Ford.
I hope Ford has good tech's working at every dealer because you have to pull the body for just about everything other than an oil change. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Maybe Dzus fastners on the cab??? Ha ha ha ha.........
Ford Tiff

What is the auto industry coming to when the big three can't even design an engine on their own? All sub'ed out work. How sad.

hey doc, i got this itch, can you help me???

lol

yeah, i have heard about the navistar/ford biatchslappin

Old 02-24-2007 | 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

Horsepower, as us DS owners know.........is produced at higher rpm levels. Torque is on the bottom of the rpm band. Torque gets your pig moving and horsepower comes in and takes over. Now we are talking diesels here....they are not reving engines.........4000 rpm and its all over already. So if your excited about HP in your diesel, good for you...but the rest of us know that its the HUGE TOURQE numbers that really move our 7000 to 8000 pound pigs.

Ford and International will have to settle, they need eachother too much. The new 6.4 will be a sweet setup with 2 turbos and no LAG!

Old 02-24-2007 | 03:09 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo

Ford Tiff

Chev is 1 step ahead... just waitin for the competition to catch up, then leave them in the dust!

Old 02-24-2007 | 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

the one nice thing aboout the chevy is it is not as noisy as the dodge and ford and the seat are very nice.

Quick Reply: Can anyone here get me GMS pricing on a Duramax?