CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Can anyone here get me GMS pricing on a Duramax?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007 | 08:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Can anyone here get me GMS pricing on a Duramax?

Originally posted by: BajaX04
Horsepower, as us DS owners know.........is produced at higher rpm levels. Torque is on the bottom of the rpm band. Torque gets your pig moving and horsepower comes in and takes over. Now we are talking diesels here....they are not reving engines.........4000 rpm and its all over already. So if your excited about HP in your diesel, good for you...but the rest of us know that its the HUGE TOURQE numbers that really move our 7000 to 8000 pound pigs.

Ford and International will have to settle, they need eachother too much. The new 6.4 will be a sweet setup with 2 turbos and no LAG!

funny, GM only has to use ONE turbo..

Old 02-24-2007 | 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Chev is 1 step ahead... just waitin for the competition to catch up, then leave them in the dust!

yeeeeeeeeeah ford and dodge biatches!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-24-2007 | 09:28 PM
Pro Rider

Ah, Jed now come on don't drag me into this my truck is slow. Infact the other day I got beat buy a civic with a coffee can muffler on it....... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I will say this after driving the new 6.4 Ford it is very quiet and will get up and go. From about 0 to 40 it really moves out. The front does need some work but the inside is very nice. It was a King Ranch that I was driving but with a price tag of 56,000 they can keep it if you ask me. I have to give it up to the Dodges as I know first hand the weight that Jed hooks to his and they just keep on truckin. As for flat out rice burner killin speed and power I will have to stick with my truck. It drives like a caddy and moves out like a mustang.....well a bit faster as I have pissed off a few pretty boys with the old Dmax. The 7.3 Ford great motor crappy tranny. The 6.0 is a time bomb well at least the 03-04's are the newer ones are ok from what I have seen. Well any ways that is enough of that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2007 | 04:36 AM
|
Pro Rider

Well my friends drug me to the Cleveland International Auto Show to day and to be honest I was kind of scared I would find something I liked better than the 07 Classic Chevy I just bought.

08 Chevy/GMC: NOT a fan of the interior, all I keep hearing is how great these new interiors are, what BS. Everything is rotary ***** now like the F150's, the radio buttons are tiny tiny, the center console no longer points toward the driver and takes away some space around the knees. The center console also rocked side to side on everyone I sat in, very bad design. The back seats instead of folding flat like mine folded up like the extended cabs, why? You lose so much space that way and the floor isn't flat??? The exterior I liked alot, very big and bulgy, looks very tough. For the same hp/tq as my LBZ, more expensive since the remodel, more expensive ($3000) because of the emissions crap, uncertainty about the aftermarket with the particulate filter and other emissions... I am VERY VERY glad I picked up an 07 Classic.

08 Dodge: This is like the jeep of diesel trucks, plain jane, will getter done but not with any fanfare. I am a chrysler/dodge fan and have huge respect for the Cummins but the interior flat out SUCKED. The only saving grace of the Dodge besides the Cummins is the Mega Cab, the back seats are awesome. For a long trip truck I don't think it could be beat, but for back and forth to work, a play do everything truck you can't deny the Chevy is much better. The Dodge just looked cheap!

08 Ford: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA What did they do to these things, OMFG the headlights are HORRIBLE. They embossed "Super Duty" in the hood; WTF? Their are little mesh grates on the front fenders where the emblem goes...WHY? This trucks just looks so gaudy, I mean yeh the interior is nice, the seats are comfy and the truck is big, but OMG it just seems so over the top and cheesy. I could never see myself driving around in it, and if I did I am sure I would run over some aveo's. And I feel so bad for the Ford mechanics... if you think the Duramax is shoehorned in take a look at this 6.4L, you can't even get a hand in the engine bay. The only thing I really liked about the ford is the rear step thing on the tailgate, pretty cool! The Ford definitely definitely came in last place for me.

Its funny because these trucks appeal to completely different buyers. The GM appeals to the 20-35 age group into diesel performance, it rides good, has gobs of power stock, the interior and buckets seats are the most comfortable I have sat in, cool gadgets like onstar. This is a cool heavy duty muscle truck. The Dodge is the worker..farmers, haulers, plow biz, landscapers, etc sign up here; the dodge is for you...just no frills get the job done without fanfare. The Ford is for Mr. grandpa 40' luxury 5th wheel... it already looks like it went through a new age magnetic truck stop and picked up all this useless crap. I could never see having the Ford as a daily driver; leave it for the old snowbirds.

Overall I couldn't be happier with my purchase, glad I jumped on it now!

Old 02-25-2007 | 10:21 AM
Pro Rider

a friend of mine has the 07 tahoe, which is the same interior as the new 2500hd's. the seats dont fold flat like in my d-max and my wife's 03 tahoe

i cannot believe they call that an "upgrade"

Old 02-25-2007 | 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

I choose the 2007 Classic for a lot of these reasons...Personally I don't like the new body style and I didn't like the interior changes, and of coarse they were willing to deal to get rid of the old body stye. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2007 | 01:19 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Hey wait a second. The 7.3....yep international. 6.0.....Ford. 6.4.........international redesigned the 6 point uh oh from ford. Atleast that's the way I have read it. I also read that ford had lost somewhere in the billion dollar range stemming from the 6.0.........? hearsay? Have you seen the new front lights on the ford.........paaaa uke!!! I like the interior though!

Oh and back to the guy who said the Chev's were the ones making all the power. Hp.....thats about all. Torque's what gets her done here folks, no other diesel can put down the numbers like the Cummins.

Anyone here that has a Chevy, needs to have Matt(Dsaholic) take you for a spin in his if you meet up at the dunes or something. That boys got one wicked truck.......for a Chevy! It'll make ya giggle like a school boy in the girls locker room!
I'm the one who said that Chevy is making the power....................You talk too much second hand; Before you speak you should at least know what you are talking about..................
Oh and about the "Torque's what gets her done here folks".........I use HP in the same way Detroit does with the 500HP series 60, and the 600HP series 60....Most people understand HP
Bahahaha. I have personally owned and put 50,000 miles on all three. Have you? Do you want to talk about first hand reliabilty? Know before you open your mouth.
Any time you want to personally want to see what your Chevy can do, I have the trailer and equipment to show you what I know so little about! I surely didnt buy my diesels because they are great vehicles to get back and forth to work in. I use them. Both my Dodges are registered at 38,000 lbs. Do you know what that does to a trucks reliability? I do!

Matthew, I gave ya props man! I still think you need to wash mine though. Maybe then you could see through the windshield!lol

Old 02-25-2007 | 01:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ThrashAndCrashUntilItsTrash
Hey wait a second. The 7.3....yep international. 6.0.....Ford. 6.4.........international redesigned the 6 point uh oh from ford. Atleast that's the way I have read it. I also read that ford had lost somewhere in the billion dollar range stemming from the 6.0.........? hearsay? Have you seen the new front lights on the ford.........paaaa uke!!! I like the interior though!

Oh and back to the guy who said the Chev's were the ones making all the power. Hp.....thats about all. Torque's what gets her done here folks, no other diesel can put down the numbers like the Cummins.

Anyone here that has a Chevy, needs to have Matt(Dsaholic) take you for a spin in his if you meet up at the dunes or something. That boys got one wicked truck.......for a Chevy! It'll make ya giggle like a school boy in the girls locker room!
I'm the one who said that Chevy is making the power....................You talk too much second hand; Before you speak you should at least know what you are talking about..................
Oh and about the "Torque's what gets her done here folks".........I use HP in the same way Detroit does with the 500HP series 60, and the 600HP series 60....Most people understand HP
Bahahaha. I have personally owned and put 50,000 miles on all three. Have you? Do you want to talk about first hand reliabilty? Know before you open your mouth.
Any time you want to personally want to see what your Chevy can do, I have the trailer and equipment to show you what I know so little about! I surely didnt buy my diesels because they are great vehicles to get back and forth to work in. I use them. Both my Dodges are registered at 38,000 lbs. Do you know what that does to a trucks reliability? I do!

Matthew, I gave ya props man! I still think you need to wash mine though. Maybe then you could see through the windshield!lol
LMAO.....Yea I have. And I work on every diesel in the market every day. I am one of the highest payed Diesel mechanics in St. Louis for a darn good reason. You every have a question about your diesels give me a yell, I'll leave it at that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2007 | 01:58 PM
Pro Rider

O.K then... what do you think of this new emissions idea? Taking exhaust and using a sort of catylac convertor to clean the exhaust. The pro's is your savin the environment, but the big con is that you have to burn more diesel to run this unit to clean the exhaust. There goes your fuel mileage! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 02-25-2007 | 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Steveo10
O.K then... what do you think of this new emissions idea? Taking exhaust and using a sort of catylac convertor to clean the exhaust. The pro's is your savin the environment, but the big con is that you have to burn more diesel to run this unit to clean the exhaust. There goes your fuel mileage! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
Great point another reason I went for the Classic, they are talking about smogging the new ones!

Quick Reply: Can anyone here get me GMS pricing on a Duramax?