CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

need some help picking some parts

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 02:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help picking some parts

Hey guys, first of all I'm looking for some strong but lite weight + 1 and forward 1 a arms . I like ball joints but will settle for hiems if I have to. anyone know who makes a good stong adjustable set that aren't to outrageous? also, does anyone make a lighter replacement axle that will fit in place of the stock rear axle ? again, it has to be very strong and fit in the stock hubs and carrier. also are the Ims stainless pegs heavier than the stock ones? thanks for any help[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Gregg

Old 02-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The IMS pegs are much heavier than stock.
The only axle beside the play drag axle that is lighter, is the 04 and newers. They are a couple pounds lighter, as they are shorter.
Timmy Boy a-arms are what you want, but you cant have mine!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I think Glenn might be able to hook you up if you give him a call, or give him a shout over on the other site.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Set a New OEM chassis 4 stroke national record on his OMW DS855 - 3.93 !

There is a titanium axle for the DS but I dont know if it is made anymore. You might have to try to find one used. I know a guy that has had one on his bike for several years and he rides pretty hard. Like Viper said, there is the solid aluminum play axle. But I dont know how much abuse it will take.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:42 PM
Pro Rider

I have searched everywhere looking for a website selling timmy boy a arms and cant find a thing. hey jed? who's Glen? also I saw something about timmy boy rear fender supports ? do these hold up the rear fenders somehow and eliminate the need for the heel gaurds? how can I get ahold of timmy boy? dura blue advertises their axle as being lighter than stock but they dont say how much lighter. probably because its like 2 grams lighter. LOL

Old 02-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Pro Rider

The Ims pegs are worth the weight difference. One ride on them and you wont go back. Plus they look cool. I have the odp play axle and have hammered it pretty hard with no problems and it made a huge difference in performance. Not sure if would hold up to beast your building though.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

What about these a-arms?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ASR-D...86690444QQrdZ1

Old 02-23-2007, 01:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Gregg, Glen is Sandbomber use to run On Dunes. I am sure he will have a lot of idea's for you also.

Good luck.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

The Titanium axle came with its own hubs. The company didn't spline for hubs, I believe they had square ends. The setup was around $1000 and I remember someone saying they broke or bent one.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

yea, I dont think I should use anything other than a steel axle. Im even afraid to turn down my hubs for fear they will shatter at take off. never could find a web site for the a arms you spoke of Jed. I did go to on dunes and tried contacting sand bomber through pm but he hasn't gotten back to me and didnt answer his phone when I called. anyone else have any ideas on +1 forward 1 a arms?

Old 02-24-2007, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glenn is in Dumont for the Races. Probably wont check his mail until sunday or monday.

If I remember right, timmy boy turned into TBR, then went out of business. The only one I know of that had direct contact with them was Marky. But Marky dont post anymore so I dont really know how to get ahold of them. There is very few sets of Ds A-arms from them out there. I only know of two, but am sure there are more. Matt has aftermarket a-arms on his machine, and I will ask him tomorrow what they are. I am not sure if they are plus 1 and 1, but if they still make them they might be able to do them. I will let you know!

Quick Reply: need some help picking some parts