CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Results from the 2nd 4 stroke wars race

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 01:17 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results from the 2nd 4 stroke wars race

OH!! Got to tell you all.. Justins Gsxr DEFINITELY WINS THE BLING AWARD!! That thing is purrrty. Where the pics??

Old 02-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a video of the unlimited class. I was on the far side outside of the fence seeing how close I could get to that monsterquad. He let off after 3/4 hill. I think the gun was picking up the bike nearest to it which was a 954 cc in a 400ex frame I believe. The monster quad hit at least 70mph by 3/4 hill I would think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8ZbWHBbRtk

Old 02-27-2007, 02:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Unlimited Class

Nice run. What is the power plant for the monster quad?

Old 02-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I just looked it up. It looks like it is an old GS1500 setup. If the Gixxer guys were running 81 - 82 mph, this guy should have been running faster than 70 it would seem.

My little R1 build did 77 - 78 on a couple of good runs on Banshee hill but most of my runs were 72 - 73 mph and Kurt was gaining on me like I was sitting still in January.

Bud - I got my intake opened up this last week and we picked up another 20 HP on the Dyno and another 1500 rpm on the top end. I may be a better race for you next time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

DANG! 90 degree roost! That wind looks like it was a sumbich. Smaller crowd too...

Tracy, I'll keep an eye out, hopefully it'll be a small crowd there too.

Old 02-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: aceisback
DANG! 90 degree roost! That wind looks like it was a sumbich. Smaller crowd too...

Tracy, I'll keep an eye out, hopefully it'll be a small crowd there too.
Have fun down there.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-27-2007, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider

The hill on the video is only 500 ft. The gixxers were hitting the numbers by the top of the hill and at an easier incline. Also, the monsterquad 1500 wasn't running the whole 500ft. There are a few video's of practices and he was much faster . Nobody pushed him so I don't think he pushed his bike. I was running second gear tapping the rev limiter on the video which is about 70-72mph. He was really quick out of the hole with the wheelie bar and huge tires.

Old 02-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Pro Rider

WOW!! DSNUT! That thing must have been really restricted?!? So maybe we should open our intake a bit more and gain 20 ponies?!? lol !! Of course our little button will be giving us some help??!! Never sprayed this trip! Haven't sprayed this thing yet! Thanks to Curtis and his experience with NOS, we desided we were way over our heads with our 80 hp shot set up. We agreed, Kurt needs to creep up on that big of a shot.
To make things worse! Now we have another BUSA BUILD to worry about, CURTIS!!, LOL The need for more speed is a never ending battle. We wouldn't have it any other way, Just raises the bar for all of us.. Can't wait to see the new build Curtis!! Fingers Xed, we'll be ready for ya Ron and Curtis the next time we meet up. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2007, 02:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol, it was! If you look at the pictures on my picture page, you can see how tight the motor fits and we are using the stock Raptor fuel tank. The intake manifold was the tightest, worst design intake manifold ever..........but out of necessity.

Now we have a dual intake for the four throttle bodies instead of a single that came all the way from the Raptor air box.

The O2 was going way rich at 10,500 and power was dropping off early. Now it revs at peak power all the way to 12,000 where it should.......before dropping off.

Now I am starting over on tires and gearing.......but it will be faster no doubt.

You be careful with those power adders. These bikes are unruly fast without 'em!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: aceisback

So, did the roost beat the rider up the hill in any of the classes?

That is DEDICATION!

Justin!

Update your pics page. Let's see some pictures of that build! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Results from the 2nd 4 stroke wars race