CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Results from the 2nd 4 stroke wars race

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results from the 2nd 4 stroke wars race

Just talked with Mario, and here is what was told to me.

Mario took first in stock bore class.

Big Daddy took 2nd in the Duner class.

Glenn rode Mario's in the Sumo class, but something happpened and was suppose to run again, but never did. He said that he was running neck and neck with first place winner.

Duner class was won by a bike that weighed 32#? something. Pretty light bike!

Congratulations guys!!

DuneDevil

Old 02-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Alright, I see BigDaddy, Meaner, Nate, and a few others lurking in the background. Some of us are waiting on the gory details while others have them. Let's get them posted.
How did Kurt do? And some of the younger studs amongst our crew? Who piloted Mikes bike?

Old 02-25-2007, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider

Don't post here anymore, but I wanted to thank DuneDevil for the props. Thanks and I'll try and clarify a couple of things.

First off, one of the most miserable race days ever. I feel very bad for the guys running it. They just can't get a break. This mornings weather was simply horible. Probably 40 - 50mph gusts with sustained winds of about 35mph. TERRIBLE. The race crew had to fight with the wind and sand, the timing system and politics. But after it was said and done, we pulled home a couple of awards for the DS crew.

Mario brought home 1st place in the 650 and over Stock Bore/Stock Stroke.

I got second place AGAIN (I hate the small plaque!!!) and lost to the same guy.

The duner that keeps beeting the mighty Ds weighed in at exactly 75lbs lighter and 75 more CC's. Kind of hard to beat them numbers.

The Black Bus was thumping and with Jordan Jockying..... The mighty Black Bus took home the gold. I"m very proud of the Ninja. It aint pretty, but it takes it out to the curb!!!!!

Special thanks to Jordan for piloting both our bikes and all the guys that helped us get through the day. Good meeting all the guys that we see on the forum, and hope to meet up again soon. Even them raptor guys..... good people, even though they are on raptors....

PEACE!

Old 02-26-2007, 01:24 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Thanks for updating us Mike. We miss you big dogs over here. Sorry I couldn't make it to cheer you guys on and provide those little things that make big differences (zipties, elec. connectors, Crown, etc), but I was there in spirit. Curtis posted that the Banshee Wars had an accident so I'm heading over to DDR to get that story.
Bud, how did Kurt do???
See ya at OnDunes.

Old 02-26-2007, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Ace! I pm'ed ya about the clutch cable. Kurt did not race. Conditions were pretty bad, (WIND),Very bad accident at Banshee wars, and other negative factors , so it Just wasn't the right day for Kurts first big race. Besides we were having to much fun running with Majorecho, and Crackerjack! Heck they wouldn't even let Crackerjack enter as a late entery?!? Too much waiting around for Kurt as well
We did have a bunch of fun. I had more fun watching Kurt run with Major and Cracker than riding myself. All you fathers out there know what I'm talking about...
On the radar Gun Justin and Curtis hit 83 and 82 mph and Kurt got off a 81 mph up Banshee hill!! I could only hit 76mph?? Our bikes were pretty evenly matched. Just depended on who got the hole shot. Thanks to Curtis and Justin for Giving Kurt The needed experence and advice with his launches. He's young and a little unsure of his talent and we will be around this sport for some time.
Great to see all you DS guys again!! Our Best to all!!

Bud And Kurt

Congrats to Mario and Big Daddy!! Chalk up 2 more for the DS crew!!

Old 02-26-2007, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Great seeing everyone. Super weekend. Nothing better than three evenly matched bikes running eachother all weekend long. Races were great. Mario and Mike made us proud. Great running bikes. Weather sucked sunday but we didn't let that slow us down.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BigDaddy331
Don't post here anymore, but I wanted to thank DuneDevil for the props. Thanks and I'll try and clarify a couple of things.

First off, one of the most miserable race days ever. I feel very bad for the guys running it. They just can't get a break. This mornings weather was simply horible. Probably 40 - 50mph gusts with sustained winds of about 35mph. TERRIBLE. The race crew had to fight with the wind and sand, the timing system and politics. But after it was said and done, we pulled home a couple of awards for the DS crew.

Mario brought home 1st place in the 650 and over Stock Bore/Stock Stroke.

I got second place AGAIN (I hate the small plaque!!!) and lost to the same guy.

The duner that keeps beeting the mighty Ds weighed in at exactly 75lbs lighter and 75 more CC's. Kind of hard to beat them numbers.

The Black Bus was thumping and with Jordan Jockying..... The mighty Black Bus took home the gold. I"m very proud of the Ninja. It aint pretty, but it takes it out to the curb!!!!!

Special thanks to Jordan for piloting both our bikes and all the guys that helped us get through the day. Good meeting all the guys that we see on the forum, and hope to meet up again soon. Even them raptor guys..... good people, even though they are on raptors....

PEACE!
Did they change the rules to a combined rider-bike weight ? Are the Rappys still gettingto use a lower weight ?

Old 02-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Military Rider

Sounds like a good time even with the weather factored in. Sorry I missed it all. I've never had anything but great times hanging in a camp with a bunch of DS folks.

We're heading to Mother G this weekend so if anyone is in the area stop by the camp and say hey. It'll be hard to miss the 800 Turbo/NOS beast. We will be somewhere between Wash 7-10.

FatHolly, I swear we are going to hook up at Buttercup before the world comes to an end...

Old 02-27-2007, 12:30 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey ace, some freinds of ours are headed there this weekend for a Suspensions Unlimited customer appreciation gathering since they bought a rail from them last summer.
They have never been there, so if you find a yellow and black SU rail with a matching shee and a US flag, not a typical waiving flag and lots of chrome, painted shee hanging with a bunch of other rails that will be them.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Dang guys. . . 80+ up the hill. . . that's freekin' fast!!! Impressive!

Quick Reply: Results from the 2nd 4 stroke wars race