CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

It must be getting closer. DS450??????

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It must be getting closer. DS450??????

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BRP Adds To Its Can-Am ATV Marketing Group

As BRP continues to develop new, exhilarating product for ATV enthusiasts, it continues to develop its Can-AmTM ATV marketing department as well. Former ATV media member Chaz Rice was recently hired to assist our ATV media relations department to coordinate and work closely with all ATV media outlets.

He will be based out of his home office near Minneapolis, MN and report to Del Bohlman, ATV Product Manager. Jeff Gruhlke will now focus full time on Can-Am ATV racing, which has been expanding significantly and will continue to grow as we prepare to enter another segment of ATV racing. Rice will be the main contact on day-to-day media requests.

?Chaz is not a newcomer to the ATV world as he brings five years of experience on the editorial staff of two ATV magazines,? said, Del Bohlman. ?As we expand the Can-Am ATV product line and build upon the brand, Chaz will work closely with members of the ATV media to ensure they have the information to complete stories.?

Rice worked at Ehlert Publishing Group, Inc. in the editorial department of its ATV group and finished his tenure at Ehlert as editor of ATV Sport magazine. He then was hired as the senior member of the public relations effort for Russell Herder, an advertising firm in Minneapolis MN. There he gained valuable experience in the field of public relations, but, in the end, missed the industry for which he had great passion.

?It is exciting to get back into the ATV industry,? said Rice. ?I missed the riding and I missed the people; I cannot get wait to get started working with those who I got to know in my years as a magazine editor. Can-Am is an exciting brand and has a terrific line of product that keeps expanding with each model year.?

In the next weeks he will be contacting you to introduce himself, and for many of you, reintroduce himself. And we look forward to seeing you soon at our exciting 2008 product launch.

Old 02-27-2007, 12:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nothing there about the 450 release. . . just people shuffling.

It's all stupid wishing and speculation until it's out. . . I'm not talking about them saying they will build it. . . how long did it take for the Renegade to show up at the dealer's shop?

When will they show-up. . . anything else is just a glossy air-brushed picture in a magazine.

If you know something else. Spill the beans. . . otherwise. . . sorry, times up!

Old 02-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Pro Rider

dude take a pill. I was looking at what part of the letter said. I know it doesnt say anything about the 450 but I think we are all waiting to see it so any hints they give for any new atv is good.
This is what I was reading that might give a clue to something.
He will be based out of his home office near Minneapolis, MN and report to Del Bohlman, ATV Product Manager. Jeff Gruhlke will now focus full time on Can-Am ATV racing, which has been expanding significantly and will continue to grow as we prepare to enter another segment of ATV racing. Rice will be the main contact on day-to-day media

Old 02-27-2007, 01:09 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: skidoofan
dude take a pill. I was looking at what part of the letter said. I know it doesnt say anything about the 450 but I think we are all waiting to see it so any hints they give for any new atv is good.
This is what I was reading that might give a clue to something.
He will be based out of his home office near Minneapolis, MN and report to Del Bohlman, ATV Product Manager. Jeff Gruhlke will now focus full time on Can-Am ATV racing, which has been expanding significantly and will continue to grow as we prepare to enter another segment of ATV racing. Rice will be the main contact on day-to-day media
Just pressin' buttons to see if I can get you to spill some deep secrets! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I already let the BRP rep have it a couple weeks ago [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Honestly, I don't know if Bomb could earn my business again. . . sad but true.

Old 02-27-2007, 05:55 AM
Pro Rider

For a fact its coming this spring... but the damage is alreadly done. Suz/yam/hon and newly kawi have all well establish themselves with great machines.

It was early reported that BRP wasnt far behind the YFZ (if not almost ahead) for a hi-revin 450 track bike. Now still after 2plus yrs they havent got their bike out.

Much of the the BRP owners out here have very much so frustrated waitin have turn to the comp. Maybe a 500cc lightweight hi-revin machine will turn some heads??? Im still waitin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider

I am one that finally, reluctantly, made the switch from my DS to a YFZ. I wanted to win and the DS is too big of a machine to compete in a woods race(XC) and too big to compete in MX.
I waited and waited for the release. It never came.
However, I did talk with John Natalie weekend before last and asked him what he thought about Can-Am sponsoring the GNCC. He said it was great because of the money they were putting up. I asked about a machine. He said he has been asked to ride the 450 for some testing. Said it was supposed to be race ready. Said it better be with all the R&D they've been doing.
All I know is it better be under $8 grand or they are shooting themselves and the whole industry in the foot/back.

Old 02-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

You have a point there with the 8k amount...I know if I were going to buy another 450 (preferably can am if it stands up to what the rumors are) I would want it to be under 8k and be race ready...I am waiting and getting impatient waiting to even see what the 450 looks like and to see what the specs are...Hopefully it does get released sometime this spring.

Old 02-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Pro Rider

It does seem odd that both Polaris and Can-Am are the last to get into the competition 450 class. I think we will finally see the BRP 450 we have been hearing about for years, and years. And I think we will see a Polaris/KTM that will also be competition ready.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Range Rover

Much of the the BRP owners out here have very much so frustrated waitin have turn to the comp. Maybe a 500cc lightweight hi-revin machine will turn some heads??? Im still waitin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]

You mean like the new banshee that was on the cover of the latest dirtwheels magazine? It has basically the yamaha 450 frame and suspension with the new 500 twin cylinder motor. The 500 motor is 2 yz250's stuck together or half of the 1000 street bike motor. Should be some good competition for whatever CanAm has coming.

Old 03-01-2007, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

Sry, i havent read Dw's for quite sometime now. Its garbage......

500cc shee? Thats kool. I know some hardcore Banshee fella's around here that would be happy to hear that! Must be a new and improve quadzilla like?

Quick Reply: It must be getting closer. DS450??????