CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Prices On Outlanders to the Moon

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prices On Outlanders to the Moon

Man these prices are high. I just got off the phone with a local dealership. They wanted 8700 for the Standard 800 Outty and 9600 for the XT 800. He said there s a 900 difference between the two. Then he kept saying how they were far ahead of everyone else and I said well maybe so but you gotta pay I guess. But gets me then he says if you want the upgraded shock he said thats a 500$ add on. Then he said they install ricochet skid plates for around 350 I think it was.

It seems to me this too much for myself. I may get a Stealth Black Sportsman 800 afterall. I can get one form another dealership that sells both Can Am and Polaris for 8500$. If I got the XT added the new shock and then skid plates it would be over 10,400 before taxes!! I think the prices for these bikes they should come with the skid plates factory and these upgraded shocks is crap to. Will they include the new shocks on the 08 model Outlanders? I think I am gonna wait a bit longer before deciding but that is a HUGE difference in price.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:31 PM
Pro Rider

I'd like to have a Renegade but I'm tired of the way Bombardier/CanAm hoses you on the prices. Good bikes but ridiculous prices and their warrantys are crap too.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:59 PM
Range Rover

Those prices are pretty high I got my 800XT in late '06 when the '07's came out for $8,200+tax no freight/prep ($9000 OTD) and bought my renegade which is the first and only they got and paid $8,999+ $275 freight + tax ($9900 OTD). Don't get me wrong that's a lot of money for a bike, but paid $9000 OTD for the BF750 in '05 when it came out, but I don't regret any of these purchases they all serve their individual purposes.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Trailblazer

I got my 06 outlander 800 XT for 9400 out the door. I thought, as well as some of my friends, that I was getting a kick in the nuts, but look at the prices of the new Arctic Cats and other machines that have come out. The prices across the board are high and on par with the Can-Ams. As far as the warranty being crap, I haven't broke any thing that I couldn't fix. The only thing so far is my water pump is leaking coolant out of the weephole. Those parts are on the way now. It was 96 bucks for an oil seal, coolant seal that is evidently connected to a rod, and a gasket. Parts aren't cheap either. I am not saying that Can Am is a superior machine because the frame is easy to bend and put dents into . My friend bought an 05 Artic Cat 650 and the motor grenaded. My other friend bought an 05 Brute and the main bearing went and he had to order $960 bucks worth of pistons, rods, rings, mains and another 1100 bucks in labor because "there was mud in the clutch case" and he already owned it 8 months. I haven't seen any Can Ams self destruct but then again, I don't see many Can Ams anyway. PRICE ISSUE PROBABLY. I say buy whatever you can afford, beat the snot out of it and take some mechanic classes because EVERY MACHINE WILL BREAK DOWN AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER

Old 03-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

You're right about becoming a mechanic. We do all our own work but it would be nice to at least get parts at a reasonable price. Things are nuts these days.

AC parts are high too. I sold my AC 400 because it was underpowered and parts were high. Sold it and bought a Rhino. We've had fairly good luck with it.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: blowedpony
. I am not saying that Can Am is a superior machine because the frame is easy to bend and put dents into . My friend bought an 05 Artic Cat 650 and the motor grenaded. My other friend bought an 05 Brute and the main bearing went and he had to order $960 bucks worth of pistons, rods, rings, mains and another 1100 bucks in labor because "there was mud in the clutch case" and he already owned it 8 months. I haven't seen any Can Ams self destruct but then again, I don't see many Can Ams anyway. PRICE ISSUE PROBABLY. I say buy whatever you can afford, beat the snot out of it and take some mechanic classes because EVERY MACHINE WILL BREAK DOWN AT ONE TIME OR ANOTHER
I watch Outy frames closely being a structural engineer. Also I was part of a poll on another forum of 200 outy owners. Not one had any frame problems. No blowups either, except helix's from two guys putting 29.5" big lug tires on and then going into thick mud. pm me if you want to know more about the poll.

I agree with you, the bottom frame member is very easily dented, have to get skids at the first tank of gas before even looking at a rock. Canam definitely hung us out to dry on that one. Also on front suspension, I'm buying new springs and shocks all around right now. I have very little use for canam. There are upgrades out now if you're interested in that as well.

On frame bending, I have yet to see a kinked frame without a hard wreck to one of the front quarters. The frame will hold up to hard riding stresses. I have about 2600 miles of hard trail riding, about half of it on rocks. Got a grapefruit sized dent in my skid and the spar beam underneath of it. No frame bending though.

The frame bending myth on outys comes from wrecks, then guys trying to get the frame fixed under warranty. There's nothing wrong with your outy frame as long as you just ride it hard and don't wreck, it will still be in good shape at 10,000 miles and more. I know of one guy who has 8000 on his right now. Know of another guy overseas that has 13,000 miles on his, just routine maintenance so far. I personally ride with 9 other outys and about 90 other riders on other brands. No frame problems on any of the 9 outys. No offense, just what I have seen.