CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

In a rut and dont know what to do.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 09:18 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In a rut and dont know what to do.....

Well If my sled sells tommrow then I can get a 01 Honda Foreman 450 4x4 , mint. Or I can keep my 670 sled and get a 00 DS 650 that needs alittle work , I like to ride in the mud but most of the time its on roads with other sport bikes. But I also ride 2 sometimes now that my girlfriend is starting to get into riding. I like to ride the track occasionaly , but I also like to hunt and ice fish, its kinds kinda a toss up because i like to do both types of riding. Whats your imput ?

Old 03-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider

Well first, the Honda Foreman is the worst quad ever made. It has horrible suspension and handling, it is hard to steer and if it has the thumb shift that is even worse as they all have problems with the thumb shift computer tranny. I've had 3 DS-650s, and the '01 was great, but only after replacing the upper A-arms and changing shocks.

I am no Honda fan, but there are a couple of good models. The Rincon is a pretty nice quad, and so is the Rancher, especially the AT. Honda has had nothing but problems with their electric shift quads. And in typical Honda fashion, they just keep making them anyway. Everybody agrees that Honda makes great motors, and great cars, but their quads are old school, ride and handle poorly, and their transmissions are a collection of complicated experimental alternatives to a simple CVT.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider

I must been a lucky one.Ive had 4 different honda 450es quads and not one have had problems ever.Had one with 8000 miles on it even.NEVER a problem.I love honda utility's thats until my dad got his 700 polaris.What a difference.Polaris is my first choice for utilitys.But on the subject i would go with the ds.Simply because i love mine.They can sling alotta mud with some paddles.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Range Rover

ya iam going to try to. the guy is coming tommrow to look at my sled , they are asking $2500 for it but Iam going to see if they will take $2200 otd

Old 03-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

I would just go with whatever suits your purpose best, but the ds is an awesome machine and you already owned one so you know what I am talking about...I personally would go with the ds unless you need a ute for plowing.

Old 03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Range Rover

ya its an addicting wheeler thats for sure ! I love the things , but I was wondering , on this one you can pull on the bars andthe bars moves up with you ! What could that be ?

Old 03-05-2007, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

problably the bearing or your tie rods if you steering seems loose because my steering side to side is loose and I need to replace my tie rods.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Range Rover

i see , it also has a rusty chain from sitting outside , i wonder if i can lube it and have it be ok...but who knows if iam even getting it , iam still waiting on the uy to buy my sled

Old 03-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

How much will you have left after you sell and if you bought the ds.If you have the extra cash left replace that kind of stuff.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

youre gonna need 2 bikes, or a side by side and a bike, cause the DS (stands for dune sport) isn't built for hunting, although im sure some people use it for that.

Quick Reply: In a rut and dont know what to do.....