CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I HPR still open?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 12:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I HPR still open?

I got the same e-mail.

I am not going to get into it with anyone here but unless you have parts on order or current business with Randall, jumping in on the topic is only about gossiping and judging things you know nothing about.

Snakehunter - I feel your pain and I don't blame you a bit. I hope you get your stuff soon.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

Im just glad that HPR is still communicating with their customers.

Good deal.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:55 PM
Pro Rider
I'm a Plumbing contractor and I have some old friends that always called me Pipelayer for some reason?

Got the same e-mail, It must be hard running and working a small biz. Good luck to them and me

Old 03-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, I wish all you good folks luck.

I know it must be a hard row to hoe now days.

Old 03-21-2007, 01:00 PM
Pro Rider

About 3 months here. Im still being patient. Frustrating as it may be. I dont think for a second I will get burned on the money and I do believe I will receive what Ive paid for. It does suck that the bike has been down since NOV and all my buddies are out tearing it up. With the exception of Jeff Ross (thanks by the way for taking my call) its been pretty much the same, Brent is right that they are small companies and its hard for them to keep up, If you want great parts that perform well, I guess thats the price you have to pay.

I have spent hours upon hours just trying to get a bucket replaced stemming from a repair not done correctly by KMS. NO reaching him either. Due to dealer restritions you cant get it directly from Kibblewhite, KMS got it from K&L Supply which wont sell direct either. The yamaha dealer here is a dealer for K&L, K&L says there back ordered 3 to 4 weeks, I called Kibblewhite and they said they have them on the shelf. Round and round we go. Called TVI gary said he could get it. NO call back there. FInally gave up and decided to just wait on HPR they had one laying around. (that was quite awhile ago). All I want is for it to run, just put the 109's back in and run it until the new cams show up, I know they will but when. I gave Jeff Ross a call yesterday he said he could maybe get it done. Keeping my fingures crossed.

Dont get me wrong, Im not p!ssed about it. Im very happy with how this bike has progressed. Im happy with the parts and the service that I have received at the START of this build. It seems like most of the builders have given up on the DS this last year. So what do the die hards do now?

Sorry venting I guess. Anyone got one of those buckets laying around, Kicking azz on a 450 would make me feel alot better!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2007, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider

Humm??? sorry to me builders come and go all the time, to send money for product and not knowing when your going to receive it would make me start to sweat, plus the fact of the scuttlebutt of hearing HPR is having money troubles through members of the forum would make me a tad nervous. Look at what some of you had to go through on frame builders??

Hey if HPR is fine and dandy then you all have nothing to fear then, my 2 cents

Old 03-21-2007, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

I got the same letter as you guys did.
I don't mind a putting down a deposit, and I don't mind waiting up to 6-8 weeks for a part.
But I what my real problem is the lack of response.
I am will to hang on for a little while, but if we fall back into the same lack of communication
I will have to go another route.
The other question I keep asking myself I "If I have this much trouble getting a 730 cylinder,
how much trouble will I have getting a replacment gastket and piston.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

Randall, if you are reading this. I hope all is well.

Call if you need anything.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

All of the builders are good and some may prefer others, but what I think has gone on( no offense) is that they might have bit off more then they could chew for a small company and don't have the help to get the parts out and still make them as good as they do...I was thinking the same thing snakehunter and if there is that much trouble I could see a problem in the future.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Sometimes a small company gets to a point where they are starting to operate on one customer's money and therefore this throws every other customer back in whatever time frame that was once quoted to any given customer during this time.

Im not saying this is going on. But, Im just speaking in general.

I honestly hope all is well with HPR.

Quick Reply: I HPR still open?