CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Midwest DS Days???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest DS Days???

So, yall are talking about the last weekend in October?

Halloween?

That place is packed for Halloween.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2007, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider

Hmm, Halloween was on a Tuesday last year and we left on the sunday before, the 29th, it wasn't crowded at all. It was probably celebrated the following weekend. Halloween is on a Wednesday this year, I don't see it being any different than last.

Old 03-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider

So, now we are talking about going into the first week of November?

Old 03-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

Just wanted to post a thread on ridin spots. Had a 4 day weekend at Lake texoma for some R&R&riding. Went to visit Lake murray ATV park on saturday and sunday. I was there for about 6 hours each day and maybe covered 40-50% of the place. 1000 acres of all different kinds of terrain. There are trails galore for 4wheel drive quads, dirtbikes, race quads, saw several oddysseys, or something like them. Still only covered about half of the trails. Cant wait to go back and cover the rest of the area. Lots of camping/tent/RV area. Has great bathroom/shower facilities. Electrical/water hookups. Really cool place. Just passin the word.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
So, now we are talking about going into the first week of November?
Huh, no. I said that is probably when Halloween is celebrated down there, cuz I was there the weekend before Halloween and it was not busy at all. Right now, my tentative plans are to be there the 25-28th anyway, the same time I was there last year.. Unless we all decide on another date, then I can probably talk my group into switching.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Awesome Idea!!!

I say a big YES to Little Sahara Oklahoma for a Midwest DS Days!

And if I had to vote on a date, my vote would be October 26-28 (fri,sat,sun)
I would steer clear of Labor Day weekend, and also the weekend after it, cause it will be packed Labor Day weekend and will take more than a week for the sand to smooth all the damage back out.

Lots of camping available at the dunes - RV sites with full hookups as well as tent sites. Hot showers. Gas station you can ride to just off the dunes for petro, ice,etc. Quad shop right there for accessories and repairs. There is also a new decal shop right there, they print out huge decals for your trailers or quads, they have standard designs already printed as well as do custom work while you wait.
You can ride into Waynoka on yor quad now, although recommend swapping to knobbies first. There are houses and cabins to rent around town, if Little Sahara is picked then we can start doing some legwork and post up links to the lodging localities.
There is also an old fashion ice cream shop in town with sweet chicks behind the counter whipping up smoothies.

Yes the only thing special about Little Sahara OK is the flag height - there is a pro shop in town that deals sand tires and rims and stuff, and they sell flags of appropriate height, with plenty in stock at all times.

I would be happy to volunteer hosting a webpage for this event, with links to the rules and directions and lodging and local shops and all that jazz. As well as create an album in the DS Days photo gallery for it. Say the word and it will be done.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HightowerSay the word and it will be done.

THE WORD [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] , is everyone good for the dates Hightower said? End of October is an awesome time to ride LS.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:28 PM
amd
Pro Rider

I am down for that. That should be a good time to be down there. Lets just hope it isn't too chilli. Glad I am on gas though. Hope it will be warm enough for the ones that are running alky. So what does everyone else think? Is that a good date?

Old 03-22-2007, 05:52 PM
Pro Rider

It was t-shirt weather last year, night rides where sweatshirt. But the weather there is crazy, I remember when I was a kid, the second day camping there it went down to 50's and rain and this was the middle of August.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Im with Jmann, I was also there that weekend, and the weather was cool at night, and plenty warm during the day. That weekend gets my vote also. (not that my vote counts for anything anyway. LOL) but it is what it is. Thats a 14 hour trip for me, but thought it was well worth it.

Gary

Quick Reply: Midwest DS Days???