CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Midwest DS Days???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 04:24 PM
amd
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Midwest DS Days???

Ok, Lets hear it. Who is up for a Midwest DS days? Lets hear some ideas. I think Little Sahara, OK would be the best spot. I mainly drag race, but I know that everyone that owns a DS doesn't drag race. L.S. OK is the only midwest location that would offer both drag racing and duning. I know there is alot of OK, TX, KS, MO, NE, IA etc etc that would be up for the drive to L.S. OK. It gets hot in the Midwest so I think a September date, would be Ideal.

So come one everyone I want to hear what you all think.....

Old 03-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

What are the rules at LS? Do they have sound regulations or Spark arrestor regs.? What about lodging..camp, hotel, etc?? Are there any towns and resturants in the area. Chime in with details if you've been there.
Pretty long drive though from Ohio (Dayton) I bet!

Old 03-21-2007, 04:59 PM
amd
Pro Rider

No sound restrictions, Pretty much anything goes. You dont even have to wear a helmet if you dont want to. All you need is a flag. There is camping and shower houses. There are some hotels in Waynoka. There is a bigger town about 30 mins from the dunes called Alva. They have more hotels and resturants. Waynoka doesn't have any eating places except for a Mexican resturant. You can ride into Waynoka from the dunes and get Food to cook. There are gas pumps and a atv shop at the dunes also. You can ride 24 hours there also.

Old 03-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Pro Rider

IM down for the first weekend in September.

The only rule is your flag on your atv/truck/suv must touch the overhead bar which is approx 8-10ft high.

Other than that, rock n roll.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

September would be great! Even if it's still a little humid and hot during the day night riding is a blast when you've got a good caravan going. The camping areas have been improved over the past couple years; they've paved most of the roads and you have all options relative to needs. I'd personally prefer the north campground area because it usually quiets down in the later hours of the night/early hours of the morning--yes, I must get sleep or I get dam grouchy!

This is a very cool idea! I made "west coast" DS days in '03 but sorta cheated by not driving 1100 miles JUST to be there as I happend to be working in SLC at the time...surely we can get 15 to 20 DS guys and gals together with 5 months notice?...you can count us in! C'mon ya'll![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-21-2007, 07:57 PM
Pro Rider

I vote last week in October. I have been down there many times throughout the year and October is awesome. When we went last year it was mid 70s and perfect night ride weather, it was the last weekend in October and was some people but definitely not crowded. Just an awesome place to ride. I also can't make September I have some other rides going on, but mid to late October and I am there!

Old 03-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

i agree in october would be better not as hot you are talking temps during the day mid 70's great riding. i would be more gain then. maybe easier getting off of work.

Old 03-22-2007, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

What about Silver Lake in MI?
www.silverlakesandduners.com
I have not been there yet, but have heard from freinds that its really nice!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: derrick2v
What about Silver Lake in MI?
www.silverlakesandduners.com
I have not been there yet, but have heard from freinds that its really nice!
Check out this thread, Silver Lake is going to be where East Coast DS Days is being held: CLICK ME!

Old 03-22-2007, 12:35 AM
Trailblazer

Oh my bad sorry, didnt catch that thread!

Quick Reply: Midwest DS Days???