CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

who is the smartest ds tech

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who is the smartest ds tech

Another vote for Hightower, especially when it comes to the TM45, he sure does know that carb inside and out. Also OMR for explaining why and how some of his mods work. I used to like reading what FREEZ had to say on a lot of topics but I have not seen him around for a while.

Old 03-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Congrats Tom.

There are a quite a few on here that help a lot. But my first vote is for Big Mike, he has helped me a bunch with my build. Also Viper is another one that has helped out alot.

Old 03-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Ron,

If I don't leave for Nevada to soon, we will be making a trip to Rickreall (sp?). A friend of mine had family that had a x-mas tree farm up there and we need to go get his boom truck loaded up so we can low bed it down here. If it works out we will have to meet up while i'm there.

Later,
Tom

Old 03-26-2007, 08:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Sounds good! I will PM you number. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2007, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eric Oldham is the best I have spoken with. I have never met a man more dedicated to going fast on a Ds than him, and he has spent more time tuning and making these pigs run than one man should. It helps he also knows his stuff about going fast with four strokes in general, let alone the Ds engine.

Thanks for the props Cynick, but I pale in comparison to Eric.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:51 PM
Pro Rider

Dont forget scooby,air,sandman430.Everyone that has been mentioned has answered one or more
of my posts.Shame they all still dont frequent the forums.lots of knoledge mentioned.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

Seth, and Dragon thanks for the props. But I would tend to agree with Viper. When it comes to the DS motor, I've never met anyone better. Comes to TM's I'm not sure that I'm in the same league as HighTower. For the most part, I'm just real good at looking at pics out of the tech manual. :smile:

Chassis set up for drag.... I'll take the Ninja any day and twice on Sunday..... Specially Race Sunday. Not sure he's worth a snot on the flat drags, but up the hill.... not many better.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: atvaddict01
Dont forget scooby,air,sandman430.Everyone that has been mentioned has answered one or more
of my posts.Shame they all still dont frequent the forums.lots of knoledge mentioned.
I don't know all of them but I have got the pleasure to meet and ride with Air. He still comes on sometimes and he is on Dunereview all the time. He no longer has a DS but is a very knowledgable person on about anything mechanical.

And Viper and BigD. I agree that there are others but I always like to add to the list.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And both of you have helped many people. A big THANKS to all that help everyone.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We have also had alot of help from Both Scott's and DSNUT too. I am sure alot more but just can't think of all of them. If it wasn't for Ace we would have never gotten on this forum in the first place. O and Annihilator, and Sandbomber and Jeff(the bomb) And Both Eric and Randall from HPR. Thanks to everyone.

You are all needed in this community IMHO.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: cynick
Originally posted by: atvaddict01
I don't know all of them but I have got the pleasure to meet and ride with Air. He still comes on sometimes and he is on Dunereview all the time. He no longer has a DS but is a very knowledgable person on about anything mechanical.

And Viper and BigD. I agree that there are others but I always like to add to the list.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] And both of you have helped many people. A big THANKS to all that help everyone.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We have also had alot of help from Both Scott's and DSNUT too. I am sure alot more but just can't think of all of them. If it wasn't for Ace we would have never gotten on this forum in the first place. O and Annihilator, and Sandbomber and Jeff(the bomb) And Both Eric and Randall from HPR. Thanks to everyone.

You are all needed in this community IMHO.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Very well said.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a bad tech, I wouldn't be able to screw a light bulb in if it wasn't for the wife..

HAHA

Quick Reply: who is the smartest ds tech