CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

broken ribs

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default broken ribs

Whats up with all of the damage lately?

I just found out I have 4 broken ribs from a spill I took last Sunday on my wife's 400EX!
No ridding Easter weekend, I hope to be back in action by the end of the month[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

I hope your healing up ok Seth,

This sucks! Hurts a little too[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default broken ribs

Holy crap. I hope you are ok. Seth says ribs are the worst. (He use to Rodeo). I hope you heal up quick.

Seth just got released yesterday and we are off to the dunes tomorrow. Winnemucca, for him to test out his bike.

Good luck and get well soon.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:02 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Default broken ribs

Damn Nate, what is up with this rash of injuries here lately? Sorry to hear about this and here's to you having a speedy recovery. I don't know how breaking four of them feels but if it's anything like breaking three ribs, a hip, and a shoulder all at the same time then I feel your pain Brotha. I know my ribs hurt so bad that I didn't know my hip and shoulder were hurt until the Dr showed me all of the Xrays the next morning. Mine were all in the back, how 'bout yours?
It's when those ambulance guys say things like "gross protrusion" when they see your back that get you concerned! My whole reason for retiring from the street scene. Now if there is an accident, more than likely it was of my own doings, and I've had some very nasty dismounts and been pretty bruised up and sore, but nothing like slamming the pavement at 55mph.

Get well soon. And that's to everybody who is nursing off roading injuries.
Ace

Old 04-06-2007, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default broken ribs

ouch hope you recover soon.

Old 04-06-2007, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default broken ribs

I've broken many bones, sprained joints, bone bruises, etc...The ribs were by far the worst recovery of all of them, I couldn't even get to sleep at night or roll over with out gasping for breath. And sneezing or coughing, forget it, would darn near bring tears to my eyes! Took much longer to recover than anticipated, don't rush it. BTW, I was out of extreme physical activity for 3 months. Brings back painful memories!!

Another bad one I'm still dealing with, going on 5 years now was a bad high sprained ankle...I'd have been better off breaking it. Not a day goes by I don't feel discomfort in that ankle, real bad when it rains. Good luck, don't rush it.

Old 04-06-2007, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default broken ribs

That has to suck man, I hope you recover fast, Does it hurt when people make you laugh or giggle. If so let me know i'll tell ya a joke. J/K..

Old 04-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default broken ribs

Vic.. 2 right in the front just off of the sternum, 2 on the left side under my arm, might be more cracked doc couldn't tell from the x-ray as he was mostly checking out my lungs.

yep hurts like a mother to laugh[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

the bad part is I went out to try and clear my head from a really bad few weeks at work and home, daughter just got him from a week in the hospital, and this is what happens[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

oh well I cant complain too much, life pretty good to me overall[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Pro Rider
Default broken ribs

Nate,, take care buddy!! I agree ribs SUCK when ya break em .. But I think a broken collar bone is right up there in the pain department.. All I can say to ya is " VIVA LA LORTAB"

Take care Bud

Good to hear SETH is Back in action

Old 04-06-2007, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default broken ribs

Dude, ouch and bummer. Heal up, and take it easy...........Just a warning, watch out for the pepper!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-06-2007, 03:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default broken ribs

Man, that sucks. First your Baby Girl and now U!

Take care and hope the healing goes quick. DRINK MILK!!!!! jump start that calcium formation.

Get well and I hope the 400 is ok.

Quick Reply: broken ribs