CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

PLANET SAND ROLL CALL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PLANET SAND ROLL CALL!!!

No one is bickering, calistud (rcoop). I clarified a misunderstanding and the main point of my post was the good conversation I had with Jeff.

Old 04-23-2007, 04:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
No one is bickering, calistud (rcoop). I clarified a misunderstanding and the main point of my post was the good conversation I had with Jeff.
Ron, Im very impressed that you and Jeff have a better understanding of eachother now. This is great news.

Thanks,
Scott

Old 04-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Where were you Nut I thought you were going to be there

Old 04-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: HeadsupRacing
Originally posted by: DSNUT
Ron, Im very impressed that you and Jeff have a better understanding of eachother now. This is great news.

Thanks,
Scott

Thanks Scott.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:37 PM
Pro Rider
Hasn't given up on the 660 just yet...

I am still whipped from this last week out here. I did have a great time other than all the problems we had. I did watch Eric go his teen passes 4.17 and 4.15 on motor and the 3.91 pass on nitrous. We were all fighting 60ft times and keeping it straight. Saturday it cleared up ( track conditions) but it was to late with his and our rides being broken.
I was sick when his motor mounts ripped out. I hate to see that even if he was our number 1 competition in the motor class.Guys/fast69 would have been in it also with the ovveride working and some seat time.Still impressive clutching it with so little time on it.
Jeff was still all smiles, I have never seen him down with things don't go right.
The all nighters for us building and piecing engines together was tough for us. First the override let go after getting out of it to much and slamming it back racing Eric for the finals in the motor class. All nighter number one. Next was running wayyyy lean on nitrous and hurting the next engine. All nighter number 2. The last day we were down to a set of cases that were a little suspect and we pulled the cylinder right out of the cases even running ARP studs. But heck, it happens and we got educated on nitrous reeeeal quick.
Although I wanted to win and had the means to do it I do not mind nearly as much losing to guys like them. Real/good people and excellent builders/tuners. They were not pushing are draging thier bikes around trying to start them like some of the other 4 stroke guys were doing.
I will do it again but it may take a year to recover LOL.

Old 04-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

LOL the real world of racing............ good job guys!!!! great #s

Old 04-23-2007, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

I was totally amazed at the comradery among the different teams/builders/individuals at this race.

There is no doubt everyone who lined up in the single cylinder classes were top tier competition.

Im a 4-stroke guy, but Charlie (Planetsand) will have to do something about the class structure with the 2-strokes running the times they are running.....especially Packard with his impressive all motor Saber. What a beast!!!

Rumor has it, there will be a single cylinder Caracal with a turbo next year that is already making 180 on the dyno and a single cylinder Sabertooth with a turbo making 160 on the dyno.

We need to really make a strong push to have them break down the classes into a 4-stroke unlimited, 2-stroke unlimited and then a single cylinder unlimited.

I talked to a bunch of 4-stroke guys this week and we all agree that this will have to be done in order for the bulk of us to compete.

I also talked to Charlie about this on Saturday morning and he did not want to hear it..........