CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What Ever Happen to Just Having Fun Riding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Ever Happen to Just Having Fun Riding?

Im just curious to when did it all come down to loyalty to a builder than to the make of your quad? I joined this forum for the DS to learn more and to share information, and get to meet some nice people who share the fun of riding.
When I ride in Glamis or Pismo, or Dumont with friends I don't care what make or who build there quad, Im there for the fun of riding, be it 4 strokes or a 2 stroke heck Im just happy to have places to ride still and to be able to enjoy this sport with friends and family, this on going battle on builders is getting too old!!!
I would be more concerned about them tree huggers wanting to shut down your riding spots than sit here at a computer arguing who is faster, better, or still in business, you put that effort into keeping your riding area open is better than this caring on back and forth

Old 04-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

ERBE - I ride and Outlaw hill race 2 - 3 weekends a month and I have a great time. Why is it one or the other? These silly builder disputes don't stop me from having fun riding. Do you not have fun when you ride anymore?

Old 04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Heck Ya , None of the groups I ride with own a DS, they ride 450s Banshees, 250R's , we ride because we enjoy the dunes and now our children are riding and we hope they can grow to enjoy the sport and to teach there children down the road to enjoy and respect the dunes or any other riding area also.

Old 04-12-2007, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ERBEDS650
Im just curious to when did it all come down to loyalty to a builder than to the make of your quad? I joined this forum for the DS to learn more and to share information, and get to meet some nice people who share the fun of riding.
When I ride in Glamis or Pismo, or Dumont with friends I don't care what make or who build there quad, Im there for the fun of riding, be it 4 strokes or a 2 stroke heck Im just happy to have places to ride still and to be able to enjoy this sport with friends and family, this on going battle on builders is getting too old!!!
I would be more concerned about them tree huggers wanting to shut down your riding spots than sit here at a computer arguing who is faster, better, or still in business, you put that effort into keeping your riding area open is better than this caring on back and forth
Man, I still have fun riding...it is what I live and work for. I live in Ohio where the riding sucks and the minimum drive time is 3 hours to ride Allegheny National Forest and we make that drive 5 or 6 times a year, then 6 hours to Silver lake 4 times a year, twice to Little Sahara OK and once to Idaho in June. There was 14 of of that when to Little Sahara last week and 12 of us will be going to Idaho, meeting up with Hightower and his group for a day or two.

I really couldn't think of a better way to spend my time and money than with my friends traveling and riding.. this is stuff I dreamed about when I got my 300ex when I was 13.

I try not to get caught up in the drama here and honestly 99% of the smilies posted and banter back and forth I don't get. But what do I know, I suck at drag racing, like jumping and wheelies and still ride dirt [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2007, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider

I ride with buddies on all types of machines. We have a blast out there and nobody cares who's riding what.... that's "just having fun riding"
then you get home and slag each others brands, speculate on the fastest or toughest machines.. that's "just having fun on the forums"

Old 04-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Pro Rider

BTW....Can-Am sucks, Polaris is really a Chilean brand and I did 95mph on my BigBear yesterday

Old 04-12-2007, 05:16 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

I can tell you exactly when it started. 4SW last year. It does make the forums quite unbearable at times but there is still enough info sharing and camaraderie going to keep me coming back. I still get help on occasion and I still get to help the newbies when they come aboard so it is well worth it. This whole builders deal is getting as old as the East Coast West Coast rap fued. We all have a common thread and that is the antiquated dinosaur called the DS. When I hit the dunes with you I don't care if you are on a Big Wheel or a $20K 800 Turbo/NOS beast, as long as we are kicking up sand I'm happy. When you're at Glamis and you get 130 miles on your bike in a two day trip there is no time for concern about a builder. All you want is gas...

Cain't we all just get along? See ya at the dunes Brothers. OOPS! And you too Tracy!

Old 04-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Pro Rider

I still have fun when I ride.

Old 04-12-2007, 05:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Well I suck at racing too. I have been practicing and I raced myself last weekend and every time I won. Heck yeah.

I am all about having fun with friends and family. If we race and win it is good if we loose it is good. We don't bet our friends, but we do ride, alot.

Last year at DS Days we had a blast and I was happy to go on the ride out back in the dunes with all the guys. I may be still learning but I am getting there.

Can't wait to get together with more of you and the ones I already got to meet. You are all great guys. I have never had issues with anyone on this forum.

Ace I can't wait to meet up with you and Kacey again. You are a great guy and that son of yours is one of the nicest kids around very respectful.

Needless to say I love to ride and for me and my family that is what it is all about.

Go ride have fun and be careful, so we can all ride together again.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-12-2007, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Very respectable reply cynick.

Quick Reply: What Ever Happen to Just Having Fun Riding?