CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Tragic day in the lives of many

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tragic day in the lives of many

The thing I've realized when I see the news, and read the articles is that this young man had a pretty strong hate of society and the world in general. When I was a young man, I realized the world was not what I hoped. But at the same time I realized that perhaps it could be. After all, the world is what we make of it.

There is room for everyones point of view. Ron expresses what he sees. Its taken me a bit of time to get used to his way of thinking over the years. I suppose I've been given that opportunity to express my point of view as well.

I look at this tragedy, I see one young man's hate, and his frustration to change it. And instead of dealing with it, he destroyed everyone around him. Change takes time, this young man clearly didnt have the patience nor the tollerance for the change he, as an idividual, could have made.

I cant fathom the grief of the parents and friends are now feeling. Just imagine, what they, those that died, could have made to the future of our society. Its not only a loss felt now, but for many years to come.

Old 04-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Trailblazer

It scares me to death having my daughter going to school these days, because like someone said these crimes are copy cat crimes, and there are alot of angry kids out there. I saw a news article about situations like this were every student and teacher have their cell ph number in a data base so they can be text about whats going on. Every student gets the same info. GREAT IDEA.

Old 04-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I agree about the copycat crimes. When someone sets precedent by crossing a barrier, it then seems within reason to these kinds of people. It resonates with them and is somehow normalized.

One thing I wonder about people like these killers is, how is it that they can ignore the fact that in over 75% of cases like these the assailant is killed during the process.

That leads me to the question as to whether they are willing to die to make these things happen. If so, you cannot maintain a civilized society and protect the rest of the citizens 100%. It is impossible to always be prapared against people who are not afraid of death..........or feel they have nothing to lose.

There is no perfect answer but there will be some good ones that will come out of this. I don't envy the problems my kids will have to address when I am old and obsolete, lol.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

I live pretty close to one of the victims who got shot in the neck his name was mcquade and luckily he is fine...I think more of the problems are showing up today then maybe before is because yes kids are spoiled I will have to say that for myself and they don't respect others and only care about themselves...If someone is weird they pick on them and don't pay attention to them and don't care about them and the result isn't good...Rules and things need to be fixed in this country and parents need to pay attention and punish their children the old way or some other way...I will be going off to college but I'm not worried about it...You need to live life for what card it deals you or else you will live life in fear and will never know what it is all about...It is tragic, but learn from it and instead open your eyes and look at the ones around you and change their lives for the better because everyone does go through ups and downs and that is when help is needed the most.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

I appologize for some of the off topic stuff in the last post, but some things just **** me off and things need to be dealt with and poeple need to be watched more carefully and this should happen before something like this tragedy happens...dsnut I couldn't agree with you anymore about hindsight and people need to see things for what they really are instead of what others say.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombrider04
I appologize for some of the off topic stuff in the last post, but some things just **** me off and things need to be dealt with and poeple need to be watched more carefully and this should happen before something like this tragedy happens...dsnut I couldn't agree with you anymore about hindsight and people need to see things for what they really are instead of what others say.

Thanks Bombrider04. I appreciate that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

No prob you have helped me out in the past...Remember the yamaha dispute thing a while back[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2007, 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSNUT
I agree about the copycat crimes. When someone sets precedent by crossing a barrier, it then seems within reason to these kinds of people. It resonates with them and is somehow normalized.

One thing I wonder about people like these killers is, how is it that they can ignore the fact that in over 75% of cases like these the assailant is killed during the process.

That leads me to the question as to whether they are willing to die to make these things happen. If so, you cannot maintain a civilized society and protect the rest of the citizens 100%. It is impossible to always be prapared against people who are not afraid of death..........or feel they have nothing to lose.

There is no perfect answer but there will be some good ones that will come out of this. I don't envy the problems my kids will have to address when I am old and obsolete, lol.

All good points, Ron.

After reading back through this thread I realize there is no reason for personal attacks, everyone has a right to their opinion, this is a forum afterall. For that I apologize. And while we're debating the this horrible event, one question that bothers me most is how does a resident alien have the right to legally purchase a firearm? Don't get me wrong, I'm an ole country boy that has handled guns since a young age, I love to hunt, and collect guns, I'm also a US citizen, born and raised. I also realize that if this kid was hell bent on killing people he could have found other ways to do it without a firearm, and how do you stop that? So many factors involved in that answer.

Old 04-19-2007, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Coyoteman
Originally posted by: DSNUT

All good points, Ron.

And while we're debating the this horrible event, one question that bothers me most is how does a resident alien have the right to legally purchase a firearm?
A resident alien who has been in the mental ward!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Pro Rider

The guns he used did have the serial numbers removed. That tells me that he purchased them from someone that didn't want the guns traced; probably an illegitimate dealer. Both guns were not the same gun (make and model), so it would seem to confirm that he didn't go into a gun store and purchase them, otherwise he would have got the same gun, same ammo, same clips etc.

As far as why he did what he did... it reminds me of the suicide bombers that want to change the world and the only way they think they can is by destroying it with an act of martyrdom at the end. Their belief of what the world should be, is so out of wack with what the world actually is, they feel the only way to change it is this method.

Also, the fact that he purchased these guns a week before, shows me that he didn't just snap ... this was planned.

Quick Reply: Tragic day in the lives of many