CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Tragic day in the lives of many

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2007, 08:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tragic day in the lives of many

I just wanted to give a post saying how upsetting the tragedy at VT was and to hear about someone doing this and how much of a coward he was. My prayers go out to those families and students who have to live with the burned images of the losses of many.

Old 04-17-2007, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, this is tragic for the families for sure. Prayers [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

The kid was wrong and im sure he will rot in heII for his actions But my feelings are the adults in charge should have to burn right beside him no excusses when a gun shows up on school property SCHOOL IS OVER NO EXCEPTIONS if the rules would have been followed there would more than likley be only three dead or perhaps two then we would still have the punk too stand trial. But now there are 27 times the family's to pray for...Sad times indeed.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

I agree AZSAND,

I wonder if now they will finally install locking classroom doors[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] (not real smart)

Read about those who died here

Old 04-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, but it seems like we only start to think about what we should do when the action has already taken place...The problem imo is that besides some kid carrying guns how were they to tell who the gunman was at the time?...It could have been anyone and that is the problem so the teachers could have let him in knowing he is a student at the school...Also if they did shut down and even warned the students of a gunman that would cause widespread fear and everyone would go nuts and they would go right out to the unkown gunman for maybe even more people to become his next victim...Coulda shoulda woulda, but the fact of the matter is how would you react in the same situation.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bombrider04
Yea, but it seems like we only start to think about what we should do when the action has already taken place...The problem imo is that besides some kid carrying guns how were they to tell who the gunman was at the time?...It could have been anyone and that is the problem so the teachers could have let him in knowing he is a student at the school...Also if they did shut down and even warned the students of a gunman that would cause widespread fear and everyone would go nuts and they would go right out to the unkown gunman for maybe even more people to become his next victim...Coulda shoulda woulda, but the fact of the matter is how would you react in the same situation.
You are saying school remains open as usual after the first morning shooting? I would strongly disagree!

Old 04-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Pro Rider

I am not saying that, but if you had no idea who the gunman was what are you going to do let all of the students leave while a gunman is on the loose...It is a lose lose situation...either way people are going to be freaking out and who knows how they would react to that news when they knew nothing at all at the time...It could have been just some random killing who knew it would spread to the rest of the school...That is all I am saying...He would have been better off just killing himself instead of the innocent victims...Stuff does need to be adressed in security I agree, but it can only go so far until you start to lose privacy.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

NO the rules are guns on school property no kids on school property until cleared by city mayor and head police official.I grew up in wellton arizona such a redneck town several times a year you would hear over our load speaker system.Today is the opening of dove season all males over 12 who will be hunting today you may proceed to the parking lot retrieve your grear and have a good hunt.same with dear and wild boar but never did i ever see any kid take his shootgun on school grounds we knew that would trigger a complete shut down of school all city and goverment workers would rush to the school .t would cause total chaose.And if you did shoot someone it would be in the AZZ cause we were running.Yes sir its harder to hit a moving target especialy during a rush.These poor kids bless there soul were like shooting fish in a bath tub not right at all.

Old 04-17-2007, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Indeed prayers to all the 33 families. Including the killers because they lost a loved one too. I dont know his reasons for this. NONE COULD EVER BE GOOD ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY SOMETHING THIS HORRIBLE! I hope that everyone of these families will find some peace after this terrible loss that they have suffered. I feel for every one of the Mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, and friends who have been hurt in this ordeal.

I also offer the prayers to those who were wounded that you will get better in a timely manner and enjoy a full recovery.
Chris Tate
Omaha Arkansas

Old 04-17-2007, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Very horrible to say the least.

Many questions will go unanswered for such dispicable actions.

Quick Reply: Tragic day in the lives of many