CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Got me a new ridin' partner...

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got me a new ridin' partner...

Don't like to ride with a chemically altered mind so I rely on some screaming gui gui guitars to get me off while we're out cruising the dunes. I normally listen to the harder stuff, which some of you have read about in the past, but I found a new band that makes some perfect dune cruising jams. HellYeah. They are kind of in the vein of Black Label Society, Pantera, some of your Blues based Biker/Heavy Metal type stuff. Check them out if you so desire. Just wanted to pass them along incase anyone else enjoys this stuff while they ride.

One of the better tunes on the album is Alcohaulin' ***. Kind of fitting for what we do. Enjoy.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:06 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Does have Vinnie Paul in the group. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] So it's gotta be good. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2007, 06:07 PM
Trailblazer

What kind of setup do you have. I wired up a mp3 in my helmet but it wasnt loud enough.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:01 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Well the best MP3 player on the market is the iAudio U3. Twice as loud as it's closest competitor and much much better sound wise. Has a very nice equalizer. The max output is 30mW + 30mW whereas the iPods that everybody under 16 has to have has a 13mW + 13 mW max output.
I experimented with about 5 or 6 different headphones until deciding on a set of Philips HE591's. These have the in the canal tips to block outisde noise and surround you in music without having to crank it up to eye bleeding levels.
I run a HPR endcap with several other performance mods so my bike is LOUD. With the iAudio and the Philips earphones I can listen to music comfortably all day long. Give them a try.
They have come down more than $125 since I got mine. freeBay has them BIN for $105. You cannot beat that.

Oh yeah, a good fitting helmet helps cut down on some of the noise too.

HellYeah

Old 05-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Trailblazer

HELL YEAH....HELLYEAH kicks A$$!!!!!! Thanks Ace...i had downloaded some of their songs a few weeks ago, but forgot all about them! GOING TO TAKE PICS OF THE NEW ENDCAP IN A MINUTE!!!!

I got a samsung off ebay for $80. It is a 4gb one and it is more than loud enough to hear while I ride. Also got the new griffin earbuds. $29 and they come with 3 diff. sized tips so you can make em fit just right! I love em. run the cord up my back under my shirt, and right on up into the helmet. if ya need to take em out you can just let them lay over your shoulder! Works well for me!!!!
Just my $.042! PEACE OUT!

Old 05-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Trailblazer

[whereas the iPods that everybody under 16 has to have has ]

Lol, Im 16 and have a 2nd gen shuffle. But after seeing the u3 i want it.

Old 05-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

9000 RPM's of Rotax powered music is all I need when I go ride.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Military Rider

Originally posted by: dsmasterzach
[whereas the iPods that everybody under 16 has to have has ]

Lol, Im 16 and have a 2nd gen shuffle. But after seeing the u3 i want it.
It in no way was intended as a jab towards you young un's. Just meaning that the iPods are "the in thing" and that there are MP3 players out there that are 1000 times better. It's all about the advetising dollar nowdays and Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  advertises.
Cowan/Jetaudio are to MP3 players what Bose is to speakers. The best by far for the $. I know all of you audiophiles are going to ask "what about Klipsch speakers?'. I said for the cost Bose is the best. You have to be a Rockafeller to afford Klipsch.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

Its allright, I thought it was kinda funny. I had actually never even heard of iAudio but I looked em up on ebay and want one especially because they play video.

Old 05-03-2007, 09:42 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

The wife got an Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word Spam wordSpam word  shuffle given to her at work. I bought a 2gig mp3 player at Fry's for 32 bucks. The apple bit the dust after a year, and a new battery was 54 bucks. The wife is using the "cheapo" now and I HAD to go buy another one for me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Got me a new ridin' partner...