CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

So, who has the fastest DS on unleaded gas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 09:30 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, who has the fastest DS on unleaded gas?

i'm just curious who has the fastest ds? How fast is it in MPH? What mods do you have?

Nick-O

Old 05-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

You talking about top speed? thats kind of a hard question since allot of guys in here have VERY fast ds's but mainly hill drag.....i think it would come down to who was stupid enough to go faster than the last lol....there are guys running busa engines in there frames that could prob shoot the ds over 150mph if wanted.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

My Ds will do about 140mph on pump gas all day long[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Have you actually took it that high? how do the tires stand it? I no when i was geared up and hit 84mph my tires were stretched about 2 inches more than normal riding.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer

i'm talking about stock engines with bolt-on mods, carbs, exhaust, etc.

Old 05-03-2007, 10:32 PM
Range Rover

mine hit 125 mph in the back of my truck on the way up to oregon[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

DO I know for certain ? well no, but the speedo read 178mph wiith 25" rear rippers ,( the gearing was not stock so I'm estimating the speed) I was on the bonneville salt flats and was in 6th gear, the bike ran 83mph at dumont in 3rd gear on the hill so 130-140 on the flats was possible. btw the roost was unbelievable with those rippers[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Pro Rider

Id love to get mine clocked to find out... might need my CBR to run along side of me to do it lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-04-2007, 03:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: NickOgozaly
i'm just curious who has the fastest ds? How fast is it in MPH? What mods do you have?

Nick-O
I doubt you will find many people who care much about top speed around here. It's all about how fast you get there. A DS with a 730 kit will do the same top speed as a stock DS providing the rev limit and gearing are the same. The 730 will just get there faster. You could put taller gears on any chain drive bike to raise the top speed, but who cares if the bike can't pull through the gears. I would worry more about torque and horse power.

On a general note: these "top spead" discusions scare the crap out of me. If someone is attempting to reach "top speed" generally they are more worried about reaching the limit rather than concentrating on the terrain and most reasonable speed on that terrain. There are very few places that such high speeds can be considered reasonable or sane. Ripping down some country road at 90mph may be bad for your health.LOL

Old 05-04-2007, 10:30 AM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I raced a jimmy blazer truck, and he clocked me at 82mph. And you all know that mine is stock. All but a pipe and K&N filter.

Quick Reply: So, who has the fastest DS on unleaded gas?