CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds 800?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds 800?

I'm not following what you're getting at? Are you asking where are all the after market parts for the Renegade? Probablt the same place the aftermarket race parts are for a polaris Scrambler, a Rincon, a Grizzly, or a 650 Brute force. My point is, aftermarket performance parts are few and far between for any machine that isn't designated as a motocross class sport race quad. That is especally true for the smaller market share Can Am has. Bigger companies with bigger sales figures sell more machines, hence they're are usually the target audience of the after market companies. Being as competitive as the DS450 will be, I think it will be very inviting for a plethera of after market accessories because I think it will become a very popular race quad among those who want to win.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSengineer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kas379

I can't wait to see all those people who have been racing with a YFZ450, or 450R trade them all in for a new Can Am!!! The big four manfacturers are going to lose a lot of sales. </end quote></div>

I wouldn't bet the farm on that happening any time soon. While the DS450 may be a step up out of the box, the other manufacturers have a BIG head start in the aftermarket arena. What MX/GNCC racer shows up to the track with a stock bike??</end quote></div>

Agreed!! Also the future big ds is like the honda pilot.....not enough dunes around the world for the market share

Old 06-08-2007, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

just to clarify,i wasnt talking about a v-twin,im talking about the inline twin rotax ,bmw uses,
http://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/bikes/bike.jsp?b=f800s

this motor is said to be lighter than the ds650 motor,build a 400lb quad with this engine and try to keep themon the showroom floor[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-08-2007, 03:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

I hope no one is holding their breath. . .

Where's TPR. . . he knows everything about what they are working on. . .

Old 06-08-2007, 03:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

Dang. . . photoshop Rosie messed up my sig. . . figures. . .

Old 06-08-2007, 06:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

OK here...... If a DS650 welll keep up, what well a DS800EFI will do 2 the comp. LOLOLOL

Old 06-09-2007, 12:23 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Steveo10

OK here...... If a DS650 welll keep up, what well a DS800EFI will do 2 the comp. LOLOLOL</end quote></div>

Were you drinking last night or just hadn't had your coffee yet? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-09-2007, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

Work, work and more work. Working for a month and a 1/2 straight will make a guy go a little crazy

Old 06-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.
Default ds 800?

i have word that brp is currently working on a side by side. not positive what it has for power but it will be either the 800vtwin or the 1000 out of the spyder. i think that could be the info release in the fall.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Pro Rider
Is always changing bikes.
Default ds 800?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: kas379

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bombrider04

I would really like to see Honda come out with a big bore quad because they have a lot of potential and don't get the credit they deserve kinda like can am/brp.</end quote></div>

After seeing the DS450 BRP/ Can Am developed, I was even happier having bought a Renegade, because it shows their commitment and innovation they're striving for. Can Am/ BRP is taking this sport seriously and are investing a lot of research dollars into this market that has been primarily dominated by Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki. Can Am/ BRP is no longer going to be thought of as a second-rate ATV manufacturer. I for one am glad to see Can Am developing innovative, durable, powerful ATV's, and to think they have only been at if for ten years, whereas the other companies have been using much of the same technology today they were using 25 years ago. Honda used to have a great lineup across the board, but today it seems as though all they ever offer are straight sport machines or utility machines. What ever happened to building ATV's people used for fun, and work? What ever happened to the recreational ATV's, ATV's that could be bought and accessorized to be used for almost anything. All I can say is, what took them so long to figure out people would love to buy four wheel drive ATV's for fun too, and not just for work. Who would have thought ten or fifteen years ago people would want to buy a four wheel drive for sport recreation purposes. Was it really that hard to figure out? Can't wait to see more companies offer machines like Can Am's Renegade! I also can't wait to see Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki quake in their boots when they see their best machines just wont compare to the Can Am DS450. Imagine, everyone one who races decided they couldn't compete against a DS450 and decided if they can't beat it, to join the Can Am revolution. What would happen if Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki's sales plummeted because of Can Am. I'd love to see that happen.</end quote></div>

good post! one thing people dont under stand about CAN AM is that they have access to all of the companys that BOMBARDIER owns. that even includes the leer jet division where the frame for the 450 was stress tested and tweaked. can am is also moving up in the sales dept. they are now #3 in atv sales. this is a great company and they have many resources at hand. good things are ahead.