CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds 800?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds 800?

could it be next? with the LIGHT twin motor bmw is using in their bike that hightower has been drooling over. with the 450 realese and them killing the 650 i got a gut feeling it might be their best kept secrect,if so what a 1-2 punch that would make on the market.
i just might become a full fledge can-am guy with a couple gasgas and ktm in my stable as well,lol

Old 06-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer
Default ds 800?

I would think their next project will be something to compete with the raptor 700. I think the 800 engine in a light weight chassis would rock the atv world!

Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Trailblazer
Default ds 800?

on another post someone said that there is going to be another ancoument from can-am in Aug. So maybe something new.
What i think they should do is since they devolope this great new frame for the 450 they should keep this frame with the DS family. So what i am saying is take the 450 frame put the 650 engine with reverse or an 800 engine with reverse(they will probrobly have to make the frame bigger to do this) and go from there but keep the fenders on the wheels and the wrap around seat and give it a updated look

Duck

Old 06-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ds 800?

Your not going to fit a big bore motor let alone a V-twin in the current DS450 frame. The 450 motor is already wedged in there pretty good. Can-am could build on the same frame concept but it will have to be scaled up to accept a larger motor.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

All this is a real stretch.

Anyone in the KNOW, know anything?

Old 06-05-2007, 01:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default ds 800?

Look at all the lightened rotating high hp etc... I have to admit this is one of the biggest DS bomardier650 forums in the world.. I dont know of any bigger. I hope these bomb designers have been watching these forums along with ondunes. I think there is more all around info here and site mentioned. They kept this a secret. I have a feeling this ds 450 has serious potential. If can/am doesnt come out with a far more superior DS650 then they will let us ALL down. We drag race more DS 650's than there are MX'd IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We dune more DS650 than EVER MX"D!!!! If they have NOT read these forums and made changes where we have all complained about they will lose alot money that could have been made and made othe brand loyal riders convert (they have the tecknology that for sure). The market is NOT MX. Its general stout motor/frame combo that was a winner with the ds 650. The rappy would fold up like a taco compared to this ds650 when they first came out and still till this day. Itss outdated. If they dont replace the ds650 they are gonna shoot themselves in the foot. JMO

Hey, On the bright side I have a 345 lb ds 730 75-80 HP all motor[img]i/expressions/camera.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-05-2007, 11:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

Yamaha could never keep secrets like Can-Am has done. I thought this out loud once before but I think it is because very few people care right now what Can-Am comes out with.

I think with the 450 maybe they will start getting paid a little more attention when they start hinting at things. You can't tell me some resourceful reporter couldn't find even one spy photo on these things.......unless they just weren't looking.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

Even with the ds outdated it is still an awesome quad and it isn't far behind the raptor speed wise, but technologically wise it is outdated...I would be happy to see a 700 ds with some of the same technology and thought that they put into the ds450 and hopefully we will hear something...We can only hope and dream though.

Old 06-05-2007, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

I would really like to see Honda come out with a big bore quad because they have a lot of potential and don't get the credit they deserve kinda like can am/brp.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Default ds 800?

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: bombrider04

I would really like to see Honda come out with a big bore quad because they have a lot of potential and don't get the credit they deserve kinda like can am/brp.</end quote></div>

After seeing the DS450 BRP/ Can Am developed, I was even happier having bought a Renegade, because it shows their commitment and innovation they're striving for. Can Am/ BRP is taking this sport seriously and are investing a lot of research dollars into this market that has been primarily dominated by Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki. Can Am/ BRP is no longer going to be thought of as a second-rate ATV manufacturer. I for one am glad to see Can Am developing innovative, durable, powerful ATV's, and to think they have only been at if for ten years, whereas the other companies have been using much of the same technology today they were using 25 years ago. Honda used to have a great lineup across the board, but today it seems as though all they ever offer are straight sport machines or utility machines. What ever happened to building ATV's people used for fun, and work? What ever happened to the recreational ATV's, ATV's that could be bought and accessorized to be used for almost anything. All I can say is, what took them so long to figure out people would love to buy four wheel drive ATV's for fun too, and not just for work. Who would have thought ten or fifteen years ago people would want to buy a four wheel drive for sport recreation purposes. Was it really that hard to figure out? Can't wait to see more companies offer machines like Can Am's Renegade! I also can't wait to see Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kawasaki quake in their boots when they see their best machines just wont compare to the Can Am DS450. Imagine, everyone one who races decided they couldn't compete against a DS450 and decided if they can't beat it, to join the Can Am revolution. What would happen if Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki's sales plummeted because of Can Am. I'd love to see that happen.