CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

How far up the hills (hillshoot racing)???

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How far up the hills (hillshoot racing)???

I was just curious how many feet approximately, are the hill shooting races you guys do in the west?? Since Ive never been out west, I would like to get some info on all the popular hills to race on. How many feet do you run, what kind of incline do they get to, and what kind of starting terrain are you on for these races?????

Thanks,
Gary

Old 06-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the FSCS they run 500'. They have started on a downhill ramp, and slightly uphill. Always on sand.

If you are looking at the different hills. Most have a slight downhill ramp, then go up. Except Choke Cherry has a flat starting area, and its not alot of run to the hill. All the big hills out here are anywhere from 500' of run to 1100'. Choke is the shortest, but steepest. Sand Mountain Utah and Nevada are similar, Utah being about 1100' of run, and Nevada 800'. Or close to it.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

I don't run the sanctioned races but where I ride and race at gordons wells in California you start out in a down hill small slope and launch rite into the whooped out section at the bottom of the hill probably 35 Yards of deep whoops then you go onto Patton hill that is about 100 yards long at a very steep grade and stay on it as long and hard as you can but still be able to shut it down at the top and not fly all the way to glamis.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider

Gary, there is no "finish line" but mostly depends on how close the race is and how big the riders ballz are . I would say 6 to 700 feet at sand mountain NV and if the race is very close 750ft on an 800ft hill with both riders almost flying over the top. how you been bud? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I see your bike is up and running. funny, everyone who has responded to this post so far either has a dsbusa or is working on a dsbusa.

Old 06-06-2007, 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

ive been just fine. Still recovering from all the last minute small details it took to get the bike out for memorial weekend.

I appreciate all the repsonses!!! If I were to take a trip out west to ride, with Glamis being way to far to go, what dunes would make for the best weekend??

Gary

Old 06-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Pro Rider

where are you located again? reason I ask is if you are back east somewhere and glamis is to far for you, most of the other dune areas would be just about as far.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

St Anns and SM Utah would be the farthest east, with Glamis following closely behind. Starting with St Anns furthest north, then Utah about 5 hrs south, and Glamis about 9 hours south of that.

Old 06-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Pro Rider

Im sitting smack dab on the Wisconsin Illinois border. It looks like St. Anthonys is the ticket, but still a 26 plus hour trip one way.
Gary

Old 06-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider

To me St. A's and Utah are both well worth the drive. Very nice places to visit.
IMHO.

Old 06-07-2007, 06:21 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Make sure your rides are full width, have plenty of paddles and above all.....Front brakes!!!!

If you haven't been to any big sand dunes, St. A's will be an eye opener, lol.

Quick Reply: How far up the hills (hillshoot racing)???