CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Been quiet on the DS builds, whos building what?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been quiet on the DS builds, whos building what?

There just isn't enough money in the industry to support the shop owners with today's cost of living..........unless you have shop owners who are satisfied with long hours and a poor living.

When you listen to all the moaning that comes about on these forums about high prices, you can understand why shop owners struggle so much.

I would equate it in my industry to the entry level housing. I won't build a custom home that is entry level because you can almost be guarenteed that the client will want it for nothing. I am not in the business of giving things away for nothing!

Most professionals would take one look at the ATV industry and say HELLNO!!!!

You know opinions.........everyone has one! lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Nut you whinner you exzagerate so much.but cruciefie my builder if you will you have tried it failed.Thats why my builders has been in this buiness since your were in diapers(maybe not that long with factual age but in whinners age) Any way.s quit whinning.And so you know i don't have a clue who built crazeys motor or who screwed DZnutz just know your a whinner.On the cross BEACH.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] LOL.

Old 06-19-2007, 02:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSNUT

There just isn't enough money in the industry to support the shop owners with today's cost of living..........unless you have shop owners who are satisfied with long hours and a poor living.

When you listen to all the moaning that comes about on these forums about high prices, you can understand why shop owners struggle so much.

I would equate it in my industry to the entry level housing. I won't build a custom home that is entry level because you can almost be guarenteed that the client will want it for nothing. I am not in the business of giving things away for nothing!

Most professionals would take one look at the ATV industry and say HELLNO!!!!

You know opinions.........everyone has one! lol [img][/img]</end quote></div>

DSNut - I agree with the above statements. . . I too complain about the costs some of these builders are charging. . . it is amazing now that I've got this Raptor how much less expensive it is to modify this than the DS. I'm sure the builder costs are real it is just an economy of scale thing probably???

Here's the bottom-line though. . . no one forced these guys to choose this line of work. They dug their grave (in some cases) and that's not my fault (unless I'm the one that left them high & dry - which of course is not the case.) Some guys live for the sport so much they can live with less income knowing they are doing something they love. That's great! They help our sport a ton. If they fail for one reason or another, not my fault though.

There is a SYSTEM for everything. . . for you. . . Construction. . . can you change the system by starting to build inexpensive homes and somehow change things. . . maybe. . . is it probably. . . NEGATIVE!

There are a few builders that are out there that have stood the test of time. . . are they the best? I'm sure there are plenty of people with their thoughts on each of them but, you gotta give it to them for one thing. . . they have survived. They have "Found their identity/nitch" and built upon it.

I do have to agree with those that have had issues. Not only can you post it on the forums, you should post it on here. I remember when the Knutz (yeh, I know. . . digging it up again) thing occured. . . there were people asking why no one said anything. We are all brothers here and if a builder is stringing you along, post something. . . use your discression as to the severity of it but, you owe it to your DS Brothers to post something. Think of it as safeguarding your brother's wallet. If things progress, post more detail if you see fit.

I'm really talking in general terms here. . . no one specific.

Oh, one more thing. If you see someone post something negative about someone and you've had a good experience, stand-up and say something. Stand-by those that have done right by you. Sometimes it is better to simply state, "I've done business with them and I respectively have to disagree, my experience was totally different and a great one." Unfortunately, I think the responses tend to be attacks on the people that post the original negative statement rather than a retort about an experience that was positive. Does this make sense? Why do we continue to attack eachother when the attack (positive or negative) should be on the builder / supplier, etc. ???

Old 06-19-2007, 02:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

lol, truth scares the crappola out of you doesn't it Richard. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

I love it every time you guys go off about how long you have been in the business. That is what "Has-Been's" say to compensate for the lack of recent accomplishments. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

lol, it is getting deep now! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

One year of experience 30 times is not 30 years of experience [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Pro Rider

We've seen first hand what has happened to people who have tried to operate shady businesses in the past.......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

"Has beens" lets post up some real world times i have stacks of real world time slips current as last month and will be back at the track this friday.My bikes run all the time not twice a year to pull one or maybe two good time slips.And they don't require a team to make them work.one man one bike. So move on weak man this is a big boy's game. And your not even allowed to dress with the real men.Stay on the bench and poke sticks at the racers threw the fence.Because THATS YOUR STYLE.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

PS:Beach me and alisha both added first place trophies to or collection last month and you did what.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

I remember alot of builders catching flack!

I think HPR has the better track record of them all even with their bad luck.
TVI has had alot of upset customers but Garys always been good to me, Now HPR had a few but smoothing things out from what I hear . Trinity has some SERIOUSLY upset customers back in the day, samcoe costed me alot of money and a few others... They seem to be doing better OR have different clientell. TheBOM seems consistant but he doesnt really care if he sells much. He just loves the sport. The preacher is solid and if you can bribe him to do some tricks youll be happy. But getting him to admit he CAN do a few little things is like pulling teeth. I hear alot about RF now a days too about C.S. So there really isnt a company who is gonna go unscaved cause they are all human.

So there really isnt a perfect world so snap back into reality, get over it and lets all meet up at a track. If we arent gonna eventually meet up at a track and race each other all this talk is like pissin in the wind.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AZSAND

"Has beens" lets post up some real world times i have stacks of real world time slips current as last month and will be back at the track this friday.My bikes run all the time not twice a year to pull one or maybe two good time slips.And they don't require a team to make them work.one man one bike. So move on weak man this is a big boy's game. And your not even allowed to dress with the real men.Stay on the bench and poke sticks at the racers threw the fence.Because THATS YOUR STYLE.[img][/img]

PS:Beach me and alisha both added first place trophies to or collection last month and you did what.</end quote></div>

lmao [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

So you are a hardcore racer now.......Will you be attending the next 4SCS race?

PS: I beat a ten year old kid on 200X 3 wheeler last month! Top that! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Guys, Lets not turn this thread into another builder bash.

All of us in this thread have been around long enough to make our own choices as to who we will use or not use for that matter.

Have a nice day, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/lips.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

AZSAND vs Sandbomber

Just a reminder [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

lmao

Quick Reply: Been quiet on the DS builds, whos building what?