CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What's your Summer Dune Trip?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What's your Summer Dune Trip?

I never thought about sand camping at the Oregon Dunes, are there any areas with beach camping and dune access? How would it be getting there in an Motorhome?

Scott

Old 06-18-2007, 11:32 PM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

We'll hit Pismo a few times this summer if I ever finish my Ranger.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] The only planned trip there so far is Labor Day. I go with some friends but none of them are from the forums. As a matter of fact I've never met anyone from the forums, no one likes us mods I guess.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/brokenheart.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2007, 12:43 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LTZ. . . sure. . . I like you. . . heck, I'll even give you a ride in my mini rail. . . It'll be fun. . . My Wife only cried the first time out in it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] Besides, there have only been a couple others in the group that will either not get in it or won't get in it again. . . and that's after everyone says I'm a safe driver. . . must be the HP? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Cynick - I'll let you know!

Stir - Camping in the dunes near some of the little lake fingers. Not on the ocean. From what I understand and know of the place I would NOT bring a MoHo out there! I'm planning on airing down truck AND trailer tires.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:06 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

DuneMe, take a look at my pics and you'll see I ain't affraid of a little HP[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That's about 550hp gettin' it done in the desert. As long as you promise not to kill me I'll get in it!

Old 06-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!

Thanks for the heads up on the sand camping DuneMe.

We are trying to make St. Anthony's the first week of August, getting there on Saturday the 4th and leaving Thursday the 9th. Its a 1850 mile round trip for us so its a if we can afford it trip..

Also trying to get up to Oregon and Sand Mt NV. (for DS Days) once more this year.

Scott

Old 06-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

LTZ. . . I bow in humbleness to your ba77's of steel. No way I could do that in the desert. . . You win! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] That's just nuts!

Old 06-19-2007, 02:06 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

I feel the same way about goin' that fast in the dunes! We'll just call it even.

Old 06-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

Hey,
We are going to Spin Reel July 6th to 13th. Taking the whole family. Jetsnow600 and his family are going as well so should be good times. As for DS Days, I would love to go, is it on Labor Day weekend again? Please let me know as it was a great time, last time.

As for Mammoth OHV it is our little secret up here. We just went the weekend after memorial day and had the campgrounds and trails to ourselves [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] We have ridden 6 days there so far and haven't covered half the trails! It is awesome. PM me if you want details.

Cynick, would love to head up to Winnemuca and dune sometime. I have driven by the dunes and they don't look like much from the highway. Is there enough riding up there to make a weekend trip worthwhile from Minden?

Old 06-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Cammer

Hey,

We are going to Spin Reel July 6th to 13th. Taking the whole family. Jetsnow600 and his family are going as well so should be good times. As for DS Days, I would love to go, is it on Labor Day weekend again? Please let me know as it was a great time, last time.

As for Mammoth OHV it is our little secret up here. We just went the weekend after memorial day and had the campgrounds and trails to ourselves [img][/img] We have ridden 6 days there so far and haven't covered half the trails! It is awesome. PM me if you want details.

Cynick, would love to head up to Winnemuca and dune sometime. I have driven by the dunes and they don't look like much from the highway. Is there enough riding up there to make a weekend trip worthwhile from Minden?</end quote></div>

Yeah there is actually some pretty good riding. Nothing huge but lots of razors out back. From the road it don't look like much but there is actually about 40miles of dunes. Pretty fun especially if you have someone to show you around. If you go when we can we will be more than happy to show anyone around.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:41 AM
Pro Rider

These are not big dunes but they're all we got (I'm not counting the great sand dune national monument or park down toward Alamosa, CO).

They are called the North Sand Dunes in northwestern Colorado, just north and east of Walden, Colorado, up pretty close to Wyoming.

Going this weekend with some friends. We never go there any weekend either side of the 4th of July, lots of wrecks and crowded camp sites. Great place to ride for us non-professionals though. We camp in a big stand of aspen trees, very nice place. There's other regular mountain trails to ride too, but they're kind of tame. Mostly fence maintenance trails, lots of cattle.

Quick Reply: What's your Summer Dune Trip?