CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

cowboy bud-Lookin to ride the Range

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 01:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cowboy bud-Lookin to ride the Range

Sounds good but I will have to wait longer -- Approx 2 months after order. An old geezer like me cherishes each day. One thing I should check into, I will probably add a few of the swishe tools. With a full skid plate mounted, will the swisher tools still attach ??? Will the snowplow break a strut if a curb is hit at slow speed?? I laso plan to use a bucket attachment for moving dirt. The Outy is pretty and fast, but is it a workhorse ???

Old 07-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Range Rover

the strutts are pretty solid. at slow speed you should have no issues plowing. I know a couple people tat plow with their outlanders and have no issues. If I was going to move dirt with my outty I would do one of 2 things. Use a trailer to haul the dirt, (best option) and no problem for the outlander, I pull my trailer around with it. or I would get the Dirt box (for outlander MAX only)
[img][/img]

If you are going to be adding a lot of weight to the Outty you can adjust the springs for higher tension.

Old 07-17-2007, 02:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks -- I am buying the Outy Max 650 XT Tomorrow -- I will probably have to wait, but it's worth it. Unfotunatly, I will have very little bargaining power even for a cash sale. Since most fixes have been made on the 2008 model, I'll have to find some new ones just to pass the time. Since my super liberal son will have nothing to do with his right wing, hawk, Vietnam Vet Dad, I will have to find someone to will it to. Since I don't want to start another arguement on this topic, I will have to say that you all are not Qualified because you are too durn nice to us newbies. Thanks

Old 07-17-2007, 07:49 AM
Range Rover

haha.. nice.. well all I can say is you are going to love it. thats the exact bike I have and I love it!

what color you getting?

Old 07-22-2007, 01:52 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have ordered Yellow because I sometimes am alone when I Prospect. In 1985 I was attacked by a Black Bear and fortunately was able to drop him with a 44 Mag Snubnose. The Military training in Vietnam generated some reflexes I evidently never forgot. The Yellow is easier to see if they ever have to send out a Search Party. I like the Red, but the wife had the last say.Good Luck

Old 07-22-2007, 02:20 AM
Pro Rider

Is there an atv club around there? Get instant riding buddies and you won't be riding alone too much. Don't want to sound preachy, but if that 650xt ever turns over on you, you'll stay there until someone comes along. You're talking to Mr. Crash right here. lol Ride safe, cause I know you're going to have fun!

Old 07-22-2007, 03:38 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks - I will pack Food, Water, And a First aid kit hopefully in Reach should I Ever get pinned. Hopefully, I won't let the fun get the best of me. Riding Partners are OK, but you habe to be careful when prospecting -- Gold Fever does some strange things to people. I have had more than 1 find cleaned out later by so called friends. Have Fun