CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Power Now Carb Unit for DS 650???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 12:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Now Carb Unit for DS 650???

I just came across Dirt Wheels October 06 Write-up on "Project DS 650". In the write-up they used a Power Now device that splits the air entering the carb. They stated that it made more power. I seems like one of those crappy Tornados they sell on TV for cars. Has anyone bought/ used one of these? Here is the link to the site: http://scaryfastracing.net/pn-info.html

Old 08-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Range Rover

I think the concensus is that they are junk. Save yourself 100 bucks to put towards something else.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Trailblazer

I kind of figured that. The only reason I have it a second thought was that Dirt Wheels said it was a good mod.

Old 08-14-2007, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

they due work they help on the low end on the 250/450 4S MX bikes and team Honda use it on ther desert bike. I have it on my Outlaw 525 but have not had a chance to test yet.

Old 08-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bomb650NJ

I kind of figured that. The only reason I have it a second thought was that Dirt Wheels said it was a good mod.</end quote></div>

Dirt Wheel's will tell you a dirty shop rag in your carb is a good mod if the manufacturer is paying fatty checks for full page ad's.

The DS has a really nice intake snorkel, so I can't see this making that much of a difference UNLESS you are running a direct mount filter. I could see it helping then. Save your $$$ for a new carb.

Old 08-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: FatHolly

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Bomb650NJ

I kind of figured that. The only reason I have it a second thought was that Dirt Wheels said it was a good mod.</end quote></div>

Dirt Wheel's will tell you a dirty shop rag in your carb is a good mod if the manufacturer is paying fatty checks for full page ad's.</end quote></div>

LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Very true. Don't believe everything you read in the mags.

Old 08-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Trailblazer

I have to put in my $.02...sorry but I have heard nothing but good things about the "scaryfast" products. I have a few friends that race GNCC pro and pro am class, and they swear by them. I have been looking for them for my DS, but didn't see them in Rocky Mtn. or any of those mags, so i am glad you posted the website! I am def. gonna give it a shot as soon as i get a 100 spare bucks. I would be glad to post my opinon after I test it out. I don't understand how it would, but like I say, all 3 of the guys I have talked to (each rides a diff. brand of quad, one suzuki, one honda, and one yami. The most trusted opinion is the pro rider, AJ, and he has run the the power nows on Honda and Yami, and he said he would pay for it for me if i didn't think it made a huge diff.! If anyone else trys one for the DS before I get a chance let ME know.

Old 08-21-2007, 01:19 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!

I wish they would show a full throttle dyno comparison. The only ones I see are 1/2. If there was no loss on the topend I would think they would post those results as well.

I did see they have one them for us TM owners under Harley for the HSRs...

Old 08-21-2007, 10:37 AM
Trailblazer

After seeing the Dirt Wheels write-up I decided to get one. I will say it does work. Before the install I had a small hesitation while hitting the throttle. I put it in and it was gone. My friend was a non believer so I took it off and showed him the hesitation, put it back on and it was gone.

I also am a snowmobiler, in one of my mags I just received they have something very close offered for the Skidoo Rev 600 Ho as a hop up kit.

Believe what you want but it worked for me.

-Moose

Old 08-21-2007, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!

Yammimoose did you try jetting out the hesitation before installing it?

Quick Reply: Power Now Carb Unit for DS 650???