CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

which carb

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which carb

going to crack the ds open this winter and start playing with the insides. was wanting some opinions on which carb I should be looking around for, heard alot of good things about the lectron(ease of tuning) but I want to get whats going to work best. also is it worth getting the big bore kit or going high comression piston and std. bore. I have access to all machining equipment i need to bore it, but if a high comp will make her scream y bore? trying to get some opinions before i start ordering parts. also looking to get the head worked what are some places, people have had good luck with. or is it easy to do, dont really want to screw it up. I'll port and polish sbc chevy heads all day but never done a ds.

any feedback is appreciated
thanks alot

Old 08-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default which carb

How much money are you wanting to spend? Also, by your name, I would guess you are a duner. Do you just want a great duner, or a dragger?

Lectron all the way baby!! Fo SHo

Old 08-23-2007, 11:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which carb

no wife, no kids, throw the money at the quad. the names old. i go to silver lake dunes pretty often, but i like woods riding (more technical). was thinking about turboing the quad but figured that would kill my trailability. do a ton of drag raceing, been on top so far and want to keep it that way. i see those 720 bigbore kits on ebay alot for 370 bucks are those kits decent or junk. thinking bout pickin one up. I go out to west Virginia on the hatfield maccoy some, nice to have all the power i can get on some of those hills.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default which carb

I dont know about the ebay kits........?

The big bore will give you alot more torque, and more hp. But it costs alot for it. If money is no object, that is what I would do. But since money is usually an object, you can do a high comp piston for some good bottom end gain, then some cams for top end. Add a good carb and pipe, and you'll have a decent runner. That still leaves alot on the table for later, if you feel the need.
Keep in mind, this will change that machine drastically!

Without getting into a builder war, I personally like Eric, MrHP. Thats who I would call. He has done all the work on our two bikes, and we have been happy. Look for Oldham Racing.