CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Problem with the ds....

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with the ds....

I bought a new axel and the brake hub wont go on all the way , i have had the local metal shop press it on as far as it will go and it still has another 3 inchs to go, an idea where to go from here ? thanks for any respsonses

Old 09-05-2007, 10:41 PM
Range Rover

anyone ?? iam going to just trade it for a sled iam so sick of not being able to ride after i fork out all this $$

Old 09-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

well...the break hub just slides on EASILY.........if a metal shop pressed it on and it still didnt go on something is VERY messed up and now the splines on it are prob SCREWED.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:37 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

OEM or aftermarket axle? Not uncommon for a distributor to send you the wrong item. OEM should fit nice and tight but not so much so that it would have to be pressed on. Seems a metal shop would have provided a little more guidance or assistance. Our resident experts will chime in once they notice this thread.

Old 09-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......

Compare it to your old axle...do the splines all match? Is the break hub going on the side with the threads on the axle? If so its on the right side... if its on the oposite side where there are no threads.....it got put on the sprocket hub side and will not fit...

Old 09-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Range Rover

ya the axels are identical , iam going to tear it down tonight and see if i can get switch it around but they seem to be identical on both sides, its oem too , thanks so much for the help guys

Old 09-06-2007, 11:33 PM
Range Rover

well guys thats what it was , i should of known b.c i was rushing it to get it done , anyways i still have one problem...do i need the sproket hub pressed on ? it wont go on very far and the splines on the hub and axel arnt messed up at all , the brake just slides on like previolusly said , thanks again guys

Old 09-07-2007, 12:07 AM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used a 2lbs rubber dead blow hammer to lightly tap mine into place going around the fingers. It was a tight fit, but not a press fit. I also cleaned the splines of both and used a little grease on the splines.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Range Rover

ya i cleaned splines and gressed them and tryed to pound it on with a hammer and a block of wood going side to side without anyluck ? so your sayin i shouldnt press it on ? thanks

Old 09-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

I had mine pressed on.

Quick Reply: Problem with the ds....