CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NEED TUNNING SOFTWARE FOR KMS FUEL INJECTION

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED TUNNING SOFTWARE FOR KMS FUEL INJECTION

MY LAPTOP WAS STOLEN AND I LOST MY TUNNING SOFTWRE AND BASE MAP FOR MY KMS FUEL INJECTION. IVE EMAILED KELLY BUT HAVE NOT HEARD BACK YET. ANYONE HAVE THE TUNNING SOFTWARE THEY COULD EMAIL ME.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

I may have it been a while ,,,I'll take a look,,or even ask Ray800 . I think you can download the software from Megasquirt. com,,, or,,,,Megatune.com.. Just the program ,,, blank maps

Old 09-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Pro Rider

I have it, if u want i can burn the CD and send it right out to ya, my email - QuikNcrazY@aol.com

Old 09-07-2007, 05:23 AM
Pro Rider

Kelly may be out for awhile, as his wife just had a baby last week....

He will have to catch up on is shop work, as he is getting ready for the big Sand Toy show in California next week too.......

Might be better to call KMS than to e-mail for while

Old 09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Range Rover
Has a DS 800 Turbo Nitrous EFI money eating monster!

[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] I think kelly has a new base map for the efi. Just give him a little time

Old 03-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Trailblazer

Does anybody know what a used KMS fuel injection setup would go for because I am looking at buying one.

Old 03-16-2008, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

Well i do know they upped the price, its now at $2000 for the setup, mine is also for sale if ur interested

Trending Topics

Old 03-17-2008, 07:53 PM
Trailblazer

Yep, I also noticed the KMS Turbo now uses a 45mm carb instead of efi. AND they build them custom in their shop for $500 extra (plus shipping). I'm sure lots of KMS's time is wasted from amatuer (like me) installations calling on the phone crying.

The carb would reduce some of the learning curve as well, and may make changes easier without buying a $1500 lap top. As well, I may have read blow-thru's with efi puddles fuel up due to raw pressure (or maybe I got that backerds). Anyway, its what KMS has evolved to for whatever reasons, be it simplicity, reliablity, or adaptability. No doubt its to make their life easier which means it must help most customers too. And most racers use carbs anyway.

From my research, dual intake runners (per each cylinder) on efi are maybe the only solution to getting low-end torque on efi, with each runner accounting for a 3k rpm range. It must be tricky though since only seen it done on small block chevy add-ons and Toyotas (that's all I've found to date). And if KMS has not done it (noted by their low end efi dyno comparison), then a carb is the best way with turbo (or non-turbo) for low end grunt power.

BUT, if KMS ever did devise a dual intake manifold for their EFI, then that would likely be the ticket for sure. No one else seems interested or capable, imo.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Range Rover
Has a DS 800 Turbo Nitrous EFI money eating monster!

[img]i/expressions/beer.gif[/img] kms does have dual intake and dual injectors on his 660 raptor that puts out about 165 hp that is correct 165 hp

Old 03-18-2008, 12:20 AM
Trailblazer

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Big Ray 800

[IMG][/IMG] kms does have dual intake and dual injectors on his 660 raptor that puts out about 165 hp that is correct 165 hp</end quote></div>

Ray,

Thanks and that's interesting. What I was refering to was using natural intake pressure for low rpm with longer narrow intake manifold tubes, that somehow open up to shorter wider diameter intake manifold tubes at higher rpms, up to 3 tubes per cylinder.

More injectors may not be exactly the same thing. I don't understand how the manifolds open up and are controlled seperately yet. External pictures of car manifolds don't tell me much.

AND by the way, your bike looks great!! Excellent pictures, and maybe the best shots of a KMS turbo I've seen yet.

Thanks for the bookmarked pictures!

Quick Reply: NEED TUNNING SOFTWARE FOR KMS FUEL INJECTION