CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

The NEW 700 Is Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The NEW 700 Is Here!!!

With the support Honda has for there racing, they will sell those 700cc quads.

Old 09-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Pro Rider

ya imagine this thing with an hrc kit...... it still wouldnt be crazy fast, but i bet it would help a lot

i bet the ds650 is faster too..... this is basically a 700 rappy motor +100 lbs, the rappy is faster than the ds650, but probly not if it has an extra 100lbs

Old 09-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I don't think its that bad, actually I'm tickled pink over this!
Wight is no issue man, come on - its the same weight as a DS for crying out loud! the 508 weight is curb wieght will all fluids and a full tank of petro man...

Indipendent rear suspension is what LOTS of trail riders are craving, that's why so many are coming out. One BIG plus is that it does have a rear sway bar to help some on what you guys are ripping it for.

AT least its a 5 speed manual clutch, not an auto!

Old 09-11-2007, 05:51 PM
Range Rover

I agree with all you guys about the looks of it, but I hope it sells like hot cakes. If the Raptor keeps selling good and this thing sells, the big bore DS will be back and better than ever.

Old 09-11-2007, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: Hightower

I don't think its that bad, actually I'm tickled pink over this!

Wight is no issue man, come on - its the same weight as a DS for crying out loud! the 508 weight is curb wieght will all fluids and a full tank of petro man...

Indipendent rear suspension is what LOTS of trail riders are craving, that's why so many are coming out. One BIG plus is that it does have a rear sway bar to help some on what you guys are ripping it for.

AT least its a 5 speed manual clutch, not an auto!</end quote></div>

How does a sway bar work though? if it limits body roll or whatever you call it, then surely it will make the suspension not as comfy- wouldnt it?

What do you think the dry weight is? somewhere around 470lbs?

Old 09-11-2007, 08:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

The main problem I have with IRS is when you make more horsepower, how do you lengthen the wheelbase to handle it?

The swingarm is an easy way to do that.

I agree that this might be a nice trail quad but the hill shooters will look elsewhere.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSNUT

The main problem I have with IRS is when you make more horsepower, how do you lengthen the wheelbase to handle it?

The swingarm is an easy way to do that.

I agree that this might be a nice trail quad but the hill shooters will look elsewhere.</end quote></div>

they could always regear it to go 110mph????? but they will never be able to do 300feet in under 4 seconds because even if it became a trxbusa, the thing would just flip instead of accelerating.

On blasters most people get #+1 a-arms which widens the quad by# but increases the wheelbase by 1" too, i think that maybe aftermarket companies could design a-arms to lengthen the wheelbase.... and those driveshafts wont give a sh8t either, (unlike your tie-rods if you increase your wheelbase a LOT) since they drive shafts are already on an angle.

I hate how the exhaust is mounted on the side on this thing, but mounted in the middle on the outlaw450mxr.

Offtopic: the outlaw 450mxr needs an fmf 4.1 system with megabomb and really short silencer so that it doesnt look like a burnt whale's male anatomy is sticking out the rear

Old 09-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Pro Rider

You are right Hightower, at least it is a 5 speed. For years I anxiously awaited the September release of the new honda's. I totally forgot this year? I guess all those years of disappointment took there toll. I am really stroked about the new ktm and of course the ds 450, I will definately have a new ride in the spring, once all the snow finally melts up here.

Old 09-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

I have heard the same thing from different dealers ? , i don't think i can wait much longer

Old 09-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!

I don't know what honda is thinking making this thing with irs. They should have built it to compete with the raptor 700 as far as size, weight, handling, and a solid axle. I really think it would be a sweet machine if it was built like that. I also think Can-am needs to re-think discontinuing the DS650 and just make a new re-designed DS to continue competing with these other big bores. I think there is still a big market for big bores which is continuing to get bigger. Obviously Honda saw a need to compete. Don't discontinue stuff Can-Am, just expand your market cababilities. There is obviously a market for them still! I wish Can-Am would hire a marketing team that looks at the broader picture. The DS650 rules! Nothing would make us DS fans drool more than a DS700 EFI. Can you say awesome?