CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

The NEW 700 Is Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 05:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The NEW 700 Is Here!!!

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: DSNUT

The main problem I have with IRS is when you make more horsepower, how do you lengthen the wheelbase to handle it?

The swingarm is an easy way to do that.

I agree that this might be a nice trail quad but the hill shooters will look elsewhere.</end quote></div>

I agree, this is a quad for somebody wanting to buy what it has to offer out of the box and for the trails, and not something to get for making a modified hillshooter. Just a relaible and comfortable and capable fun trail quad with plenty of power for what it is designed to do and no need for any more.

IRS like an outlaw, big bore like a raptor, big tires and ground clearance and comfort like a v-force or a renegade, with less weight, all terrain articulation in the rear like a ute, its definitely a marketing thought for something that didn't exist before. if you make it, they will buy...

Please oh please Bomb do not make an auto tranny or shaft drive big bore sport quad man, just update the DS650 and leave it a manual clutch chain drive swingarm equipped bike for heaven's sake man! put in it a side by side twin cylinder 800cc rotax off the BMW F800, and call it a day man. Or leave it a single cylinder 650, but updated and lighter weight motor at least. And regardless of motor choice, I want a 6 speed tranny!
this whole 700 kick is getting on my nerves, the raptor and new honda both are 686, and that particular number is over rated. I like knowing that my 653cc motor is called something slightly smaller than reality, instead of rounding up! and I also like knowing these new 700's are not beating me up the mountain either, in spite of my inferior displacement.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Good points Hightower!

At a minimum! Fuel Injection, +2mm on the bore and +1mm on the stroke - then you are on par with the other bikes.

You are right Hightower though - why a 686 = 700???

IRS isn't what we want. Chain drive=yes!

I think the single cylinder is still the way to go but, make it a full 700! Why just meet what the others have.

Cut the weight! There has got to be 50lbs you can take off the bike at least! Would be nice to see it down at 400 lbs.

Biggest thing. . . don't wait too long. Your loyal fan base is starting to sell their bikes and they've already bought other bikes (check the sig!)

Old 09-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Pro Rider

maybe i didnt looks close enough but doesnt this 700 have chaindrive just like the outlaw irs?

How about can-am takes the ds450 but makes the frame a bit bigger to accomodate larger riders (6'4, 250lbs for example) but more importantly, make that frame bigger to accomodate that rotax v990 mille (it doesnt matter if they downtune it by bumping down the compression to about 9.5:1 and a restrictive pipe, cuz for only $1000 people can get a free flowing pipe and high compression pistons back along with their 139hp

Old 09-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Range Rover

So far I like the Honda. I can appreciate, what I think Honda is trying to do with this bike. Not everyone is a hillshooter, or duner only type. Alot of people like to ride on other terrains. I still like long desert rides and I bet the IRS will be more forgiving on the Ol' body. I would guess this bike should be on top of the Baja 1000 in no time.