CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Scary Steering Problem...Can-am 800

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scary Steering Problem...Can-am 800

I don't know if anyone else has experienced anything like this on their outlander 800 but here's whats going on... It happened for the first time riding through the mountains a couple months ago I was playing arond in a creek ( some pretty big rocks) shortly after that the handle bars starting giving hard jerks to the right .. I put it in two wheel & it wasn't as bad but in 4 wheel it was every 10 seconds ( and I mean hard jerks all the way to the right )to the point where I could barely stay on the trail..

I took it to the local dealer he test rode it and put it on the scope (no codes came up) and of course it wouldn't act up for him.... he said the front brakes were worn & maybe it was just grabbing so he put new brakes on. I went out last weekend and rode for half an hour, it was fine till we came up to a deep water/mud hole after that same thing. I let my buddy who also has an 800 take it for a ten minute ride & he had to get off cause it was killing his arm & he almost rolled it.... If anyone can relate to what's going on you would be a huge help .. Thanks[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 09-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Trailblazer

Since it only happens after being submerged I would assume that one caliper is braking because of a warped rotor or the Visco loc ic engaging on one side only when not needed. The only time my Outy ever pulled hard to one sise was when I blew the cv joint. If I applied the brakes the machine would jerk hard right with the bad cv on the left.
Try posting this question on ATV Frontier.com, you will get many replies

Old 09-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

If I was the tech on this quad I would be giving the right CV a REAL good looking over.