CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

CDN dollar above the US

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider
SilverBomb has got an Addiction!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CDN dollar above the US

Today the US dollar is above the Canadian. Barely. I don't

Old 09-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

Today the US dollar is above the Canadian. Barely. I don't really care either way though.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:46 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: duster

No... the really really sick part is how Americans are so stupid that they are not panic mode already... as the US dollar continues to fall below yet another currency benchmark.</end quote></div>

There is the possibility that some of us "stupid" Americans have planned ahead for such things.

Old 09-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider

No... the really really sick part is how Americans are so stupid that they are not panic mode already... as the US dollar continues to fall below yet another currency benchmark.</end quote></div>

Hey Duster, why do we Americans need to be in PANIC mode? Is our country going to fall apart? Oh no, Run everyone and save yourselves! I really don't understand your comment.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to the states in a couple months. Got almost 11grand saved up. I'm not buying a new bike, just everything for it and a hole shatload of hunting supplies ( Hopefully i can buy guns and get them back across the border into canada)

Old 09-28-2007, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: SilverBomb

Hey Duster, why do we Americans need to be in PANIC mode? Is our country going to fall apart? Oh no, Run everyone and save yourselves! I really don't understand your comment.</end quote></div>

Well, when it comes right down to it, understanding my comment is simple.

Most people in this country are just like you...
Ahh... what's to worry about?... It's not affecting me... so who cares?

But see, that's just exactly the problem and it's sad.

It's sad because not only is the economy in this country to the point that the currency you work for is worth almost nothing in single units.... but it is also loosing it's value in the global market as well.

So now (for example) not only does the dollar have less buying power here, but it also will no longer buy you a canadian dollar either. So it's a pretty good identifier of the decline in our economy.

But I guess it won't concern anyone until it starts to show up more against the countries we trade more with...... Yep, when it starts to effect the US dollar price of all these imported goods we buy, then everyone will accept that it's a problem and expect politicians to lie to them about how it will be fixed.

Such has became the american way I guess.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Dude you are going too far with your statement. The economy as a whole is actually doing really well. Have you ever considered that the canadian dollar is moving up in value? Just maybe the Canadian economy is getting stronger.

Old 09-28-2007, 01:25 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts

Dude you are going too far with your statement. The economy as a whole is actually doing really well. Have you ever considered that the canadian dollar is moving up in value? Just maybe the Canadian economy is getting stronger.</end quote></div>

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Well, if his statement is true, then less of us "stupid" Americans will be vacationing and shopping in Canada. Think that will have any affect on the economy/currency?

By the way, I would like to point out that Canada actually is part of North America, technically making Canadians Americans as well.

But then again, me being "stupid", I wouldn't be able to grasp the geographic stuff anyway.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Dude you are going too far with your statement. The economy as a whole is actually doing really well. Have you ever considered that the canadian dollar is moving up in value? Just maybe the Canadian economy is getting stronger.</end quote></div>

Its not the Canadian market that is gettin stronger, its the decline to the US market.

The Canadian economy has been on a steady incline for the last few yrs. The housing market is still through the roof here with people in a bidding war payin up to over $20,000 over the asking price. They say that will be over with within a yr and house prices will drop a little then remain the same. The CDN banks wont change interest rates cause they are scared of change. All is goin too well, unless your in trade.