CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

MANTENANCE SOON

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 03:39 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MANTENANCE SOON

is there a way to clear the MAINTENANCE SOON scrolling message on the display of a 2008 can-am outlander 650, without making a trip back to the dealer? called the dealer, he said it would reset once the oil and filter was changed.well, changed it today, message still scrolling across the screen at startup . he says theres a sensor behind the oil filter ,it should reset when removed and the new one is installed. it didnt happen. any fix for this would be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default MANTENANCE SOON

Unfortunately, the dealer is the only way to have it cleared. It should only take him no more than 5 minutes though. Plug the laptop in and clear it.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default MANTENANCE SOON

thanks for the reply. guess i'll have to take it to the dealer every oil change,thanks to brp.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default MANTENANCE SOON

That seems odd???

My buddy's Duramax doesn't have the steering wheel controls but, we were able to find on a web site that you can turn on the key then press the brake 10 times or the accelerator 10 times or something. I think it was the accelerator. You may want to turn the key to the on position then try pushing the throttle in 10 times in rapid progression and looking at the display. It may be a long shot but, you never know. If it doesn't work, try the brake but, I don't think that is connected to the computer?

If there is anything else connected to the computer that you can cycle on and off you may want to try that?

Let us know if it works.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
Default MANTENANCE SOON

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. As was said above, any maintenance soon msg, usually at 10 hrs and 100 hrs on mine so far, must be cleared by the dealer. He should reprogram your ECU with the latest BUDS version from CanAm at that time also. Make him do it if he doesn't bring it up, but from what he said about the oil, he might not have the equipment, latest buds version or the experience. I could be all wrong on that, but I know he was wrong in what he told you about the maintenance soon msg, so you might want to find a more knowledgable dealer.

The low oil sensor can put your bike into limp mode. If the sensor gets water in it or fails, the bike will go into limp mode then also, thinking that the oil is low. Has nothing to do with the maintenance msg though. Needless to say, no need to take your bike to the dealer every oil change. I'm not sure how the system works, but the sensor I'm talking about is outside the engine. If I can find my damn shop manual, I'll see where it's located and post back.