CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Strongest extended swingarm?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strongest extended swingarm?

Hey all,

Gonna be building a stock bore this winter and will need a +4 swingarm. Thing is I am heavy (300lbs) and the DS is obviously heavy AND I will be jumping alot. Not talking 15' or anything but 7' or so sometimes.

I need a swingarm that will hold up to this abuse for a long time and not give me any problems. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Josh

Old 10-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Ace Fabrication Swingarms. I have had mine for over a year now, with no signs of a problem. I also am in the 300lb mark. I race through the whoops and take jumps at 10' high and up to 50/60 feet long. It is a great product...

Brenten

Old 10-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

And Keith (Scatterbrain) has one in the garage thread right now.

Old 10-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Metal Tech here in Arizona will build you anything you want at a great price he has built me swingarms for 4 differant bikes and they are bullet proof #623-915-9856

Old 10-02-2007, 08:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I WOULD AGREE WITH Tpsycho the metaltech is one awesome unit and he will do it out of round oval or rectangular tubing its your choice.But if mrmeaner still is trying to get rid of the ole pami 760. I would inquire about the + 4 that timmyboy built back in the day when he still got dirty on one else has ever matched that swinger for strength and weight savings as a combo.

Old 10-02-2007, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AZSAND

I WOULD AGREE WITH Tpsycho the metaltech is one awesome unit and he will do it out of round oval or rectangular tubing its your choice.But if mrmeaner still is trying to get rid of the ole pami 760. I would inquire about the + 4 that timmyboy built back in the day when he still got dirty on one else has ever matched that swinger for strength and weight savings as a combo.</end quote></div>

My swingers were good ....

My swingarms (back in the day) were better than TimmyBoy, TBR or Epic (whatever thier name is now) - I had one of those too. They were lighter and stronger - and a heck of a lot better looking.

But, you can have ACE build you one, but you'd have to build up with more gusseting - which they would probably do

Old 10-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider
Started riding ATVs in 1974!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Off topic, but something to think about... why does Ace put the shock mount on top of the swing arm instead of inline with it? Does Metaltech do this as well? I have an ODP arm and the mount is inline like stock.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Yes jeff puts them in original posistion.And marky i meant no offence to anyone but TBR built the strongest swinger bar none.And im not the mech wiz as most.but iihave owned 17 ds from 00-06 And our tiny bilke the same one that runs 4.8 with all the x triminings down to the bead lock rims just pre ran the laughlin 300 doing 4mins pre lap faster then the winner last year. I think we have tough down.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: AZSAND

Yes jeff puts them in original posistion.And marky i meant no offence to anyone but TBR built the strongest swinger bar none.And im not the mech wiz as most.but iihave owned 17 ds from 00-06 And our tiny bilke the same one that runs 4.8 with all the x triminings down to the bead lock rims just pre ran the laughlin 300 doing 4mins pre lap faster then the winner last year. I think we have tough down.</end quote></div>

What kind of a rig was it riding in the back of??? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 10-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Well after calling around today, I think I am gonna go with the ASR unless anyone has any negatives about it?

Mike, who I assume is the owner called me back tonight and chatted with me for 20 minutes or so, it was very refreshing for someone to spend some time on the phone. He said they ran this swingarm in the Baja1000 for 3 or 4 years and never had a problem. They have a heavy duty wall available which I would get and it accepts my stock carrier which is a plus!

VERY nice guy and knew a ton about the DS. Takes a lot to impress me but I was really impressed with American Star Racing!

Quick Reply: Strongest extended swingarm?